“An absolute gem to stay at.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andalusia
Sweet Gum Bottom Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Andalusia B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I were given this overnight stay as a gift while down in Andalusia and spent Valentines night there. Wow, we were bowled over for sure! From the minute we walked in to the time we left we were treated like family. Ricky and Laura go out of their way to make their guests feel welcome.
The room we stayed in, Bethany Dawn Suite, was decorated in its own style, as are all the other rooms. The area is a peaceful one and the grounds are large enough to take a walk. There is a chapel on the property where many weddings and social events are held and the owners take care of all the catering.
Breakfast was awesome with a special surprise for all the guests for Valentines Day i.e. strawberries and designed chocolate. Lots to eat although you don't have a choice as to what you can eat - the same breakfast is prepared for everyone at the table although I am sure the owners would make exceptions if and when required.
Two awesome people who make you feel so at home and take time to have a conversation.
Our only gripe was that the walls of the rooms are very 'thin' i.e. we could hear guests in the room next door being very amorous and that was the only negative of our overnight stay. Perhaps they were just 'audible' people at night in their room, but it was the only thing that was negative to our stay.
The decor of the whole house is something to behold and so much history in how the home came to be where it is and the changes and renovations that went along with everything is captured in albums for your pleasure and information.
Overall a definite MUST when looking for a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms to the east side get morning sunshine and are warmer.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MyViews_11

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I are not the B&B type, but our stay there was very relaxing and private. The house is beautiful and the story behind the moving and restoring of the lovely old house was really interesting. We had a gourmet breakfast. We stayed in the room at the front right in the home and our only complaint would be it was too light in there, during the evening and especially in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank southernpride
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband planned this as a surprise get away & it is everything i ever expected & more. The owner Mrs. Laura was more than hospitable. The bed was decorated with rose petals, the bedside table was adorned with home made white chocolate covered strawberries & grapes! A bottle of grape juice was chilling in the bucket of ice & the jacuzzi was just right! The next morning after a three course breakfast a massuer was there to give us a one hour massage each! The perfect get away! ! ! I fall in love with my husband all the time, this is one of those times! & if you are special, you will be served the best french toast you could ever put in your mouth! When you choose your dinner please consider the italain restaurant "Ofelias".

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheela N Tracy J
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband & I stayed here for our anniversary & it was amazing! The property & our room was beautiful (Kennedy Anne Suite), and so romantic. We love how the 3 windows wrap around the head of the bed in that particular suite. And our room was immaculately clean, & the area was nice & quiet. The owners are very nice, & they can recommend places for entertainment, etc. if you're not sure what you want to do. Or, you can just hang out in your beautiful room, or relax on the porch swings, or the outdoor gazebo, etc. The breakfast was so good, it was the best breakfast we have ever had, even better than expensive restaurants. Breakfast is served on the sundeck, so you can enjoy looking outside at the beautiful property that surrounds this house while you eat the best breakfast you've ever had. The atmosphere of this place is so inviting & relaxing, you will never want to leave. I was sad when it was time to go home. We love this place so much & can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was probably a little out of my element, as this is a popular wedding spot and of couples young and old, so I’m sure being a single traveler was definitely in the minority, but don’t let that stop you. This place is absolutely gorgeous. The breakfast, I can’t even begin to describe, I still think it’s the greatest breakfast I’ve ever had. The rooms are incredible. Wonderfully welcoming people, very hospitable and friendly, giving that sweet southern welcome and charm. Yes, Andalusia is a bit off the beaten path, and it was a little hard to find but it’s so worth every penny. The grounds here simply incredible. A flawless B&B. Yes, that’s high and heavy praise but well worth it. One of the best B&B’s I’ve ever been to. Just do yourself a favor and stay there. Gorgeous, amazing, immaculate! True southern hospitality at it’s absolute finest!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stayed here on the last night of a two week road trip around the Deep South and loved it. We were kindly upgraded to a better room at no cost, it had a hot tub which was lots of fun. The grounds were stunning and I can see why people choose this as a place to get married. The room was huge, very clean and nicely decorated. Sheila, the host on hand in the evening and morning was a delight, so welcoming and charming and makes the most incredible breakfast, the pecan french toast was out of this world and there was extra bacon aplenty, if I could give six stars for service I would. I was a bit disappointed not to meet Lucky, the resident (outdoors only) cat but we did see a gopher. A very special place, worth the trip to this tiny town in Alabama.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hannypops
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We got married here, just the two of us!!! Laura and Ricky were the sweetest hosts and we will never forget them. We plan to come back every year for our anniversary. The peace and quiet is just wonderful. This is a very romantic place. I wanted to take the sunporch home with me. We spent more time there than in our room! The food was fabulous! I hope my daughters get married here too! Raymond and Mary Willis, Robertsdale AL

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple