“Clean comfortable room!!”

Days Inn Alexander City
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Alexander City
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night and won't hesitate to go back or recommend anyone travelling to Alex City,AL. Well taken care of hotel and grounds. Loved the rooms on ground floor with comfortable beds and LCD television. Breakfast was well stocked. Freindly service. Above all that a great value hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed June 3, 2012

It's still called the Horseshoe Inn but they said they dropped the Best Western flag to save the monthly franchise fee.
At $76.29 (including tax) I see the price has dropped 76 cents since the last time I was here. So, I guess they passed the savings on to themselves...
Oh, I had to leave a room deposit and it took about 20 minutes for them to check the room over in the morning before I got my $50 back. Mainly because the maid was such a slow mover.
Other than that I would have to say I basically would stand by the review I made 4 years ago.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stay for 3 nights.The hotel's staff was wonderful and made us feel very welcomed and comfortable. Spent 3 days and would reccomend this property to anyone. Room and entire hotel was very clean.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed here one night for a high school fishing tournament. Our room was clean and comfortable. I'm not sure that this motel is still affiliated with Best Western as I saw no reference to Best Western at the motel.

Breakfast was okay, nothing special at all. Breakfast started at 4 a.m. which was good for those fishing in local tournaments. There is a gas station/store located on the property so you can purchase soft drinks and other items. Close to several restaurants.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Rooms have a microwave and refrigerator. Motel is on a main road so we heard lots of traffic noise.

Some people in our group had their reservations messed up by the motel and had to find other motels on short notice. Some were not able to find other motels on short notice. Bad customer service as rooms should not be overbooked.

When I checked out I noticed I was charged more than $20 over the rate quoted. When I brought it to the attention of the desk clerk, she blamed it on someone else and issued a credit. Check your bill before you leave the motel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The upgrades - more lighting, flat screen TV, new furniture, window covering, new mattresses, bed linens - were a BIG PLUS!!! We have been staying here for years - staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Janet (the evening deskclerk) was helpful. The rooms were standard motel fare. It's an older motel, but it was just fine. I wouldn't want to be at the hotel for a week, but 1 night was great.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I travel frequently and I can honestly say this place was better than many of the higher priced places I've stayed. The staff was freindly and out-going. They treat you like old friends or family. The rooms were spotless and well-mantained. The cont. breackfast was good and they start early so if you are traveling you can get on the road early. All in all, it's a fantastic spot and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family