“Better than expected :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Alexander City
Anderson, MO
“Better than expected :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

As we were passing through Alexander City, we decided to stop here spontaneously because we were tired. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Although the pool was small, our kids enjoyed it immensely. We were surprised by the large complimentary breakfast buffet. Overall, it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Doylestown PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

I had to update my review, because it's raining everyone must be stuck indoors and on their computer. Bad news. It takes forever for email to leave - without attachments. More than one Browser window open at a time forget it. It's soooo slow. There's no business center, no ethernet ability for high speed connections, it's very frustrating to get work done. It's basically clean and well maintained, so for a family or group trip, one or two nights, it's fine.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank markmanta
SamirP0307, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest, I apologize for any inconvenience our hotel may have caused you. Our WIFI equipment has been updated. We hope you choose to stay with us in the future.
Traveler
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2008

The last time I came here this property was a Hol-Inn-Exp. The only changes overall (besides a lower franchise fee) was basically the sign.
The motel itself is decent enough. The rooms are clean and a fairly good size. They still do a decent enough breakfast.
I spent the previous night at a cheaper (in every way) motel in the area and was glad to have checked in here for my second night.
I would say that this property is priced about right for what you get and is quite well maintained. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The motel is a little akward to get in and out of but is probably about as good as your going to get around here.

• Liked — The beds are decent
  • Disliked — I guess the price - but I'm just like that
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Ozcfied
Carrollton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2007

This HI Express is just finishing a remodel and the place is beautiful...smells new, new soft goods, comfortable beds, everything one wants and expects from a good HI Express. But....

*poor housekeeping: A clearly visible 3" black hair was just inside the toilet bowl lip upon checkin and missed by housekeeping again the next day.
*poor maintenance: The toilet seat was loose, and a request to the maintenance man to come tighten it was ignored...he was much too busy surfing the internet on a laptop near the lobby.
*Poor breakfast: The continental breakfast was the second worst I have had in years of travelling. Minimal selection, nothing particularly nutritious, cold coffee, and request for fresh coffee ignored by front desk clerk, who was much too busy on a personal phone call to be bothered with making more (did it myself).
*Incorrect billing: 2 nights, AARP rate came to $149. I was billed $331. How the bill came to that I do not know. When I called, the manager quickly did a chargeback of the $180 overcharge, but just took my word with no particular interest and no attempt to determine how it occurred (I think they charged me for someone elses room in addition to mine).

See the trend here? This hotel had the most lackadaisical employees I have ever experienced. Flat lazy. Beware of staying here...the facility may be nice (for now), but be prepared for a frustrating experience. And ensure you have legible receipts upon checkout, in case this billing discrepancy is some attempt at defrauding those guests who do not check their credit card bills thoroughly.

Good luck. I won't be back here...they have lost my business.

• Liked — Just about everything is brand new.
  • Disliked — poor staff.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelCop
North Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2006

My wife and I stayed at this Hotel for the AU-Georgia game as Alex City is about a 1/2 hour outside of Auburn. We had a good night at this hotel. No problems.

Rooms are inside, which is great for safety purposes. Keyed entry into hotel. Didn't check out the pool but looked small. This is a business traveler's hotel, so not a great vacation place if you have kids. Great place just to stay the night and go on.

Stayed in a nonsmoking/King Size Bed/Jacuzzi room. Smallish rooms, but well lit. Lots of lamps and all had working light bulbs (a pet peeve of mine as lots of hotels don't make sure they are all working)

The T.V. was a big 27" color with the usual cable channels. No PPV that I could find, which was strange. Didn't use it, but had high speed internet access. Jacuzzi was in the bedroom, but was not in the way. Bathroom had a door on it into the main bedroom which would not stay open. Door was not necessary and we had to prop open with the garbage can. Bathroom has a vent, but this room has no Central Air so is not functional. No fan in bathroom, so gets hot when getting ready for the day. Wall AC is on far side of room and works fine. Has a temperature knob so you just put it on 70 degrees and the heater or AC comes on as needed throughout the night.

In bathroom, coffee maker (with assorted coffee packets, creamer, etc) and wall-mounted hair dryer and ice bucket.

Hotel had continental breakfast --- toaster waffles, pastries, coffee, OJ, and bagels. Complimentary USA Todays, which I like. Wall-unit AC/Heat which worked fine and was fairly quiet. Didn't disturb my sleep at all as most hotels do.

Had a small microwave and fridge in the room. Fridge made a clicking noise every 10 minutes (probably compressor) so I unplugged it as we had nothing in it anyway. Bed was fairly soft and only two long pillows to use. If you like more pillows, bring your own. Walls are paper thin so you can hear people's doors shut or their showers turn on, but wasn't too much of a problem. Great water pressure on the showers and all the hot water I needed. Lots of mirrors in the room around the Jacuzzi, a full length mirror in the room and then a mirror in the bathroom. Plenty of mirrors, I think.

Decor was adequate as we were just a night stay going to the early AU-GA game at 11:30 a.m. Saturday morning. Renovations are going on so border in the room was ripped in places. Carpet was okay, a little old, but bedsheets were fine.

The management was very professional, courteous, and helpful. Seemed to be a good place if you are a football fan. We were AU fans but saw some Georgia cars there too. Lots of fast food places around the city as well as BBQ restaurants. Not much in the way of fine dining. Overall, a pleasant stay in a nice room.

A little bit of a complaint in that it seemed to be more of the $75.00 or so range and seemed a bit overpriced. We actually paid around $115.00/night, including tax. But no problems is probably worth it, nowadays. I've stayed at $200.00+/night hotels that were not quite as pleasant as this one.

Conclusion: Would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Liked — Location to Auburn
  • Disliked — Paper thin walls. You could hear everything.
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring more pillows
#1 of 3 in Sylacauga
American Inn - Alexander City
American Inn - Alexander City
#5 of 6 in Alexander City

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!