“Picture perfect bnb...everything you could hope for!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alexander City
Mistletoe Bough Bed and Breakfast
Virginia
“Picture perfect bnb...everything you could hope for!!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

What a beautiful setting and house in central Alabama...ideal southern hospitality and exquisite decoration in this beautiful old home...breakfast was delicious with fresh herbs, fruits, and a yummy egg omelet and hot biscuits. You'll love just sitting on one of the home's many porches. Also close to the downtown--only a 5-10min walk to local restaurants and antique shops.

Room Tip: for a lot of space and king size bed, choose the master suite
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank xenaht2000
AuntJoAnn, Owner at Mistletoe Bough Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Mistletoe Bough guests are the nicest people on the planet.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 16, 2013

JoAnn the owner is a real firecracker and I had a great stay here for two nights. It felt like I was staying with friends.

I had Andrea's Room and it's high ceilings and wooden floors were lovely. It was expansive yet cozy.

With a gas heater, small TV, sofa and soft chairs to sink into. The bathroom is long and skinny but efficient.

A hot drinks station is outside on the landing. The off-street parking is a definite bonus.

The breakfasts JoAnn comes up with are fantastic. In fact, if I lived in town I would come over for breakfast regularly.

Stay here when you want to see the Wellborn Musclecar Museum and Russell Lands.

I highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: Andrea's room was lovely with a bathroom smothered in sweet peas.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ThePackedBag
Oklahoma
Reviewed February 12, 2013

You could feel the love that Jo Ann has for her beautiful home. Then you can see that love in all of the attention to every little detail that has been personally addressed. Her love of Sweetpeas and Wisteria show up not only in the stunning place settings at the table but the great paintings and pictures that adorn the rooms. That is just some of the delightful icing on the cake of this splendid home. Even though it was winter the gardens were great, with the camelias glowing like rubies. The breakfast was beyond delicious and served as though we were celebrities. Oh yes, the beds were great too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tigilau
Shalimar, Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This B&B is visually beautiful, and the warm hospitality of the host just adds to the experience. From the moment we arrived, the southern hospitality was evident. The room was large and yet cozy. Breakfast was delicious. There was a good restaurant in walking distance. Overall a lovely stay.

Room Tip: The Master Suite was very comfortable with a large bed.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea T
Monticello, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Rooms are enormous, elegant, high-ceilinged. This is kind of like visiting relatives who own a 120 year-old mansion, complete with cats and dog and a good breakfast. Old plantings in the yard with an ancient outhouse out in back, complete with small stained glass windows on the sides, from days predating indoor plumbing. Seriously.
And JoAnn loaned me a jacket for an outdoor wedding that happened on an unexpectedly cold night. Whether you're in town for an event, or the inn is your destination, it's a total experience. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann G
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband brought me here over a weekend for my birthday and it was just what we needed. We loved it, and JoAnn was simply wonderful. The food was delicious, the rooms were amazing and the whole weekend was such a joy. Plus we got to play with the new "guard dog" - Max...her adorable puppy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jackie p
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this wonderful B&B for a getaway. It was a surprise for her. I spoke to Joann Frazier the Innkeeper. They offered a discount for weekday travelers, which we took advantage of. She made the reservations process so easy and she was willing to work with me. We had a sick child and could not get away when we first wanted to and she was so friendly and accommodating to adjust the date.

Joann is the jewel of this B&B… the Innkeeper is what makes the B&B and this is one of the best B&Bs because of Joann. Friendly, warm, welcoming, accommodating, polite, a true “service heart” are only a few ways I can start to describe Joann. From the phone call before we arrived while we were driving down… to the hand written note and the hand dipped chocolate strawberries, to cooking our breakfast in the morning. On our first morning we had Fresh Fruit Parfait, Banana Walnut Pancakes, great tasting Sausage served with Coffee and Peach & White Grape Juice (and she checked with us about allergies and dislikes the night before). She was a perfect host! The second morning we had Fresh Biscuits with local Jams, Fresh Baked Fruit Danish followed by individual Baked Breakfast Strata. Some of our breakfast companions had special diets and one even brought some of her own food and Joann took care of us all… again she was a perfect host.

The B&B is amazing. The rooms are spacious, Victorian designed, large windows and high ceilings thru out… and the upkeep was amazing. If you have ever stayed in an old house you know how much noise they make, this one was quite and very few cricks. The B&B was very clean and the bathroom was spotless and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The entire place was furnished with beautiful antiques and artwork. This Victorian House was originally built in 1890 to 1895. It stayed in the original family for 3 generations before it fell in total disrepair and was condemned by the city. It was converted into a B&B and completely renovated in 1993. Be sure to ask Joann to see the pictures of the renovation. WOW! I love the history.

We had a great time in Alexander City and Lake Martin. Joann is so knowledgeable of the area and had many recommendations. My wife and I enjoyed walking around the old downtown. Some of our favorite shops were: The Shoppes of Queen’s Attic, Little Black Dress, Cloud Nine, Emporium Wine and MacDavid & CO. We also ate at some great restaurants (again from Joann’s recommendations) two that we truly loved were the SpringHouse Restaurant and Sho’nuff BBQ… two must stop restaurants.

It was so special to have a getaway trip with my wife and re-learn that my wife and mother of my kids is still my best friend. I highly recommend the Mistletoe B&B for anyone needing a little time away from their busy lives. From the 2 cats who are the self-appointed (outside) welcoming committee, to the perfect places to curl up with a good book both inside and out. This is a perfect get away. I can’t wait until Christmas season so I can see this Victorian Mansion in all its glory.

Pros:
Joann, Service, Hospitality, the Victorian House, quite rooms, fantastic renovation – well built, Joann, Breakfast, authentic furniture, several areas to quietly read a book, very clean, comfortable bed, loveable cats, the house was amazing… oh and last thing did I mention Joann

Cons:
Not many and I have to dig deep to net-pick - The grounds were a little over grown and some of the outside seating was not useable. Some of the outdoor lights were not working. It was hard to find “locals serving local food” until I started asking around – (again Joann has good knowledge of the area).

Room Tip: I looked at all the rooms... they all looked good. Each had pros and cons, some with two beds and s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
American Inn - Alexander City
American Inn - Alexander City
#5 of 6 in Alexander City
Creekside Lodge & Conference Center

Been to Mistletoe Bough Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!