“decent place”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Albertville
Dahlonega, Georgia
“decent place”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

the hotel was very clean and the front desk staff were great. the rooms are a little smaller then most, but mostly very quiet. the problem I have is that half the floor is smoking and the other half non smoking(I requested non smoking room). but you can smell the cigarette smoke all over the whole 2nd floor including my room at times and also in the elevator. I'm not sure if people were smoking in the hallway or if it is always that way but this would be the only reason I would not return.

Room Tip: if you want a non smoking room, request one at the end of the hall away from the elevator and the sm...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SherrySpurlin, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Albertville, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thanks for your comments. I will check into the problem you addressed. Please give us another try when you are on this area again.

We appreciate your business,
Sherry Spurlin,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Texas, Australia
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It's not what I expected because the carpet was damp. My air kept going in and out, and the breakfast was okay. I wish there was bacon and egg to go along with the gravy and biscuit. I probably would stay here again due to the fact the hotel was very clean, and the front desk clerk Morgan was great. He made sure my family and I was attended too, and our needs were met. Every time I walked in the lobby she was doing laundry or helping the other guest with what they needed. I would rate her a 10/10 where as the lady after she left would would be talking on the phone and smoking a cigarette, and rude at times. The lady that is there in the morning, I think her name is Liz was very nice as well.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SherrySpurlin, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Albertville, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on your recent stay. We appreciate your comments and will look into the issues you have mentioned. We provide a continental breakfast; however there is a Waffle House next door if you want a full breakfast, and by showing your room key you receive a 10% discount. We have had an unusually wet month with more rain and humidity than normal but will address your concerns regarding dampness and take corrective measures. Thanks again, we appreciate your business!!

General manager
Demopolis
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Front desk staff - excellent
Comfortable room & bath
Difficult to get to front entrance from highway due to parking lot
being repainted.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

SherrySpurlin, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Albertville, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thanks so much for reviewing our hotel on your recent stay with us! They are finishing up the parking lot today!! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Appreciate your business,
Sherry Spurlin,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albertville
Wyndham Garden Lake Guntersville
Quality Inn Arab
Quality Inn Arab
#1 of 1 in Arab
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Albertville? Share your experiences!