“Tornado Relief” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Albertville
Albertville, Alabama
“Tornado Relief”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

I live in the area and stayed at the Microtel Inn and Suites because my home was damaged by a recent tornado. I was without power for about a week and stayed at the hotel for the convenience of hot showers and electricity. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The rooms were neat and clean and a welcome relief to come back to after a day of recovery work. I would highly recommend the Microtel to anyone staying in the area.

Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ALGat0r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

It was like being home. There is a lot to do in the area and I was amazed by the geographic beauty of the area. The hotel is conveniently located near stores and restaurants. I will go back there, hopefully very soon. Sweet Home Alabama indeed!

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank racingblitz
SherrySpurlin, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Albertville, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Thanks for taking time to review us on tripadvisor. I'm glad you had great experience at our hotel and city. Please visit with us again soon!!
Beverly Hills, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

my husband and I traveling thru Albertville,stopped at the Microtel over night,in the area looking for real estate.It was a very pleasant experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.Special thanks to a Anissa for helping us with our sick pet and his needs.

Room Tip: just ask,staff very accommodating.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Solomon13Phuhn
HOWELL, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights. they were a little slow so they gave me a free upgrade to a suite plus the fact that i wanted a refridgerator. the staff was very polite, the room was clean and modern, and they give you a free pass to powerhouse gym just across the field next door. The breakfast bar was extremely scant, and the bagel i tried to eat couldn't even be bitten in to (hard as a rock). but i have nothing significant to criticize here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank OUILEY
Mobile,AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

TripAdvisor was recommended to me by a friend of mine. I decided to check out the hotels in the Albertville area and was put off by the review from June about the Microtel. I was hesitant to stay there, but because the church my wife and I were visiting in the area mentioned the property to me, I decided to try it out. This particular church said that they had been sending guests their since the place opened.

My wife and I called the hotel directly to book a reservation. The clerk who answered the phone was bright and cheerful, despite the fact that it was two in the morning! I took this as a good sign. Twenty minutes or so later, we arrived. It took a few minutes for us to find a parking spot, that was closer to the building and not the entryway off of Hwy75, but you know what? Lots of vehicles in a hotel parking lot is a good sign in my book!

We walked inside and were greeted by the same chipper young man that took our phone call earlier. Although we reserved a room with one queen bed, we were upgraded to a room with two beds. I inquired as to the reason, and was told that since there was one available, and he saw how much luggage we had, he figured we might like the extra space. I thanked him for his generosity and we went to our room.

Again, after reading the previous review, I was nervous. And luckily, I had no reason to be. I've stayed in beachfront resort properties in Gulf Shores and Destin before and those rooms weren't nearly as comfortable and attractive as this room! Crisp, STAIN-FREE, white linen and bed scarves? In a "budget" hotel? MARBLE countertops in the bathroom? The room was aesthetically pleasing and SPOTLESS to say the least. And the bed! My wife has back troubles and has problems getting comfortable at times and not once did she complain while laying in that bed!

After a great night's sleep, we went for a dip in their pool and then decided to eat breakfast. Unfortunately, it was 9:45, and their breakfast is put away at 9:30. The woman on the desk kindly brought us several muffins and turned the juice machine back on. We didn't ask. She didn't have to bend the rules; but, that point is that she did. And it was greatly appreciated.

My one complaint about cleanliness was that the lobby floor was sticky where other guests had spilled orange juice. But you know what? The desk clerk made haste to clean it up. And by "made haste," I mean that as soon as she was done checking someone out, she had mop in hand.

We will definitely be staying at the Microtel on any future visit to Albertville. The approximately $72 total bill was well worth the comfortable room and fantastic service.

June 14th's reviewer mentioned another person's review as being "fishy." What's "fishy" to me is that his/her review was written on June 14, yet the review itself states that his/her stay was in July. How is this possible?

And just as a side note, my wife and I drove past the other three hotels/motels in Albertville to get to our destination of Microtel. Judging by outward appearances, if the reviewer would rather have extra cash in his pocket than have a safe place to stay, more power to him/her! Jameson Inn looked decent, and had Microtel had been full, we would have stayed there. However, had Jameson been full, we would have driven an extra 30 minutes to Gadsden before we would stay at the other two Albertville hotels.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BassBoy9900
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2009

I chose the Microtel Inn and Suites after looking up the other 3 hotels in the area online. The Jameson was ridiculously overpriced and the Royal Inn seemed decent if you were traveling on a budget. This left me to chose between the Kings Inn and the Microtel Inn. I went with the Microtel because truthfully, it was the better looking hotel. However, upon my arrival, I found the rooms mediocre for the price that I was paying per night (approximately 70 dollars plus tax.) The room was fairly clean, but there were a few small stains on the sheets and toilet seat. After the first night, I decided to try out the Kings Inn that was close by. their rates were around 40 dollars plus tax a night and i walked into the room thinking "you get what you pay for." To my surprise, I actually loved the room, It was clean, homey, and provided decent service. I wish I had stayed at the Kings Inn for my first night because I would have had an extra 30 bucks in my pocket and had been just as happy if not happier.

If you're considering Microtel, I highly suggest you try the Kings Inn first. They have good clean rooms at an excellent price. The Microtel did not live up to my expectations coupled with their sky high price.

I was reading one of the other reviews, and something didn't really add up... He said that he was a solo traveler, but requested a room with 2 queen beds. Sounds like a fishy review to me.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank FrequentTravelor22
From Sea to Shining Sea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2007

Mention "budget/economy" when talking about a hotel and some pretty scary stories will inevitably unfold. So, when business took me to Albertville, Alabama I looked at my choices and chose Microtel. I made reservations for one week, not knowing what to expect. So without high hopes, I rented a car at the airport and made the drive from Birmingham to Albertville. I believe you can tell a lot about a hotel by it's entryway outside the doors. Pulling up, I stopped, glanced down, and the white concrete leading to the doors was spotless. Good sign. When I went in, I found a spotless lobby, every piece perfectly in place. No stains. No smudges. No smears. No cigarette smell in the lobby.
Good sign again. I requested a room with 2 queen size beds, non-smoking, and was quickly checked in and given my room key.
Here was the real test. I was beginning to feel better, because, after all, if the parking lot is spotless, and the lobby is spotless, and the hallways leading to the rooms are spotless, then surely the rooms would be so as well. And to my delight, that is exactly how I found it .Spotless. Comfortable Bed, Good TV, Good Bathrooms, and Free Local and Long Distance ANYWHERE in the U.S.For a budget chain priced in the 60.00 per night range, this has to be the best value available in the country. After a week at Microtel in Albertville, I found every employee to be friendly and outgoing, willing to help in any way possible. Now, it isn't the Four Seasons, and it doesn't have Four Season's prices, but if you are traveling for pleasure or business, and you don't want to spend anymore than necessary for a spotless room with great service, then this Microtel is made for you. Oh, if only all budget motels actually kept themselves clean enough for human habitation. This hotel an exception? Maybe. I haven't stayed at many others in this chain, but I can say one thing for certain, "It doesn't get any better than this for the money."

• Liked — the overall attitude of the staff and the cleanliness of the facility.
  • Disliked — they don't serve breakfast in bed.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mepayne1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albertville
Wyndham Garden Lake Guntersville
Quality Inn Arab
Quality Inn Arab
#1 of 1 in Arab
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Albertville? Share your experiences!