“A Jewel!”

Cuisines: American
Description: 334-585-0606
Description: 334-585-0606
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Nearly every Sunday after church you will us and everyone else from Abbeville eating or taking out food from Ruby's. Get there early or you will be forced to take your food to go, as the dinning area is small and fills up quickly. The food is good Southern, but he service is what keeps us coming back. The sweet tea is really good, the entrees and veggies are always delicious, and you must try their desserts. For a reasonable price you get a drink, meat and veggies, and dessert all included. Give them a try, you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank heatherashley

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Quaint place to eat and excellent southern food. While traveling home from Florida, we found this amazing little diner. Even though it was closing time, the "Open" sign was still on, so we went in and were served. The owner was so kind and considerate as were the other staff. If we are ever in the area again, we will definitely eat at Miss Ruby's.

1  Thank Audry L
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Ruby's homemade cooking provides a cafeteria style cooking of southern delights. Fried cornbread, turnip greens, catfish, blackeyed peas, etc. Don't forget the yummy banana pudding or homemade pound cake for dessert. Not up to a full meal, Ruby also offers short order, BLT, hamburgers, cheesburgers, salads, etc. All you have to do is ask!

3  Thank Pam363103
Reviewed April 7, 2012

The food is very good and they have a lot of choices each day to choose from. This is good home cooked food. I was very satisfied with their food. I will eat there again too! Best sweet potato casserole I have ever eaten, good fried chicken, green beans. I get hungry just thinking about it!

1  Thank Bouncy99
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This restaurant had closed and staff was cleaning up but my husband and I were invited in to eat anyway-I was real impressed. The owner was so nice and kind to us and insisted we come in and eat. One family was still there finishing up their meals and I noticed how friendly the staff was also. The food is very delicious and really homemade not out of a can. I am so glad we found this place to eat. I had been to my doctor for a checkup and saw this diner on the way back home and decided we would stop and I am so glad we did. My husband and I both loved their potato salad. Their rolls and cornbread are real good also and homemade. The desserts are real good also. They are open everyday except Saturday. They open at 11am each day until 2pm and on Sunday they stay open until 4pm. I am so glad the food is so good. The waitress checks on you often to see if you need anything else like drinks and even offers to fix you a drink to go. Now that is real nice also.

1  Thank Bouncy99