“Love the History”
Review of Washington DC

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Granbury, Texas
“Love the History”
Reviewed January 24, 2006

Washington, D.C. is an exciting, interesting, historical city.

Chicago, IL
5 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed January 11, 2006

Went to D.C. with my boyfriend. He's 27 y.o. and I'm 25 y.o. It was a great time to just see all the historical stuff as well as the young nightlife. The metro is awesome to use if you are tourist. Great inexpensive weekend vaca. Most attractions are FREE!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Washington D.C.”
Reviewed January 4, 2006

We have just returned from a week at Washington D.C. The place is magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible happy time before.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice place to visit”
Reviewed December 18, 2005

I visited Washington D.C., during the winter therefore did not get a chance to interface with a lot of true natives of Washington. I did interact with other visitors who were friendly -- those Washington Natives I did meet were mostly restaurants staff, sales staff and some clubs goers -- all were helpful and friendly. I did find it strange that the young man at the movie theatre did not know what a frank was --- as he only knew the word "hot dog" -- that was funny to me.

Scotland
20 helpful votes
“What a great city!”
Reviewed December 8, 2005

Just returned from a four night stay with ten family members. We had such a great time.
There is so much to see and do and we just scratched the surface.
We did a lot of walking but also used taxis and metro and took a trolley tour.
The list is endless that we fitted in to such a short space of time - tour of US Capitol, Washington Monument (buy tickets ahead of time on the National Park's Website), Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, White House, Ford's Theatre (enjoyed A Christmas Carol in this quaint theatre), Union Station, National Cathedral,and endless Museums.
Wouldn't hesitate in recommending this fabulous city for anyone looking for a long weekend or week away - plenty to see, do and just enjoy the whole atmosphere of this capital city.

2 Thank grad-mum

Been to Washington DC? Share your experiences!