“Gelato? Yes please!”

Neighborhood: Georgetown
Eustis, Florida
“Gelato? Yes please!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Thanx to the other reviewers for this suggestion! Small place, doesn't look like much, but oh my!!! The salted caramel and chocolate mint flavors are to die for, and the server was right; hubby's pistachio and salted caramel choices played very welo together, indeed! If you like gelato, you really shoupd check them out.

• Visited August 2012

• Korean first
San Francisco, California
“I'm hooked”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Dolcezza Gelato shop in Bethesda, MD has the best employees and the best gelato! I am completely hooked on the orange honey cardamom and lemon cardamom flavors. My favorite is make them up in a milk shake....so yummy, not too sweet and very refreshing.

• Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
“Charming Treat”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I wish I stumbled upon "Dolcezza" for breakfast. Just from sigh, the croissants look moist and flakey, and treats worthy enough to have your Dr. scold you. But all worth the taste.

I had a freshly drip coffee and a Black Sesame gelato. The selections were unique and the gelato itself was light, and savory. The portions are great if you're not a heavy eater like I am. The decor is charming. A perfect place to sit with a book and coffee for breakfast or an afternoon treat to "cleanse" the palette.

• Visited June 2012
Pittsburgh
“Authentic gelato”
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

The real thing - felt like back in Italy. Can recommend everything we had. People in our party had the avocado-honey-orange, strawberry-tarragon, lemon, mojito, grapefruit-Campari. We'll be back!!!

Falls Church, Virginia
“Best and most creative gelato in DC/MD. Great espresso too!”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I've been going here for about 8 years now. I live in Northern VA and I still make it a point to stop in almost every week, and probably 2 times a week in the summer and fall (best times to go). Having spent almost 3 months eating my way through Italy, I can say that Dolcezza is one of the only places I've been to in America that would be considered "good" in Italy. Some of the flavors would be "very good" over there too.

Their gelatos (cream based ones) are great and aren't rotated out that much. The Valhrona Chocolate is the darkest chocolate gelato I've ever had. The Virginia Peanut Butter and Peanut Butter Chocolate are amazing. But by far the best gelato is their Dulce de Leche. They make the Dulce in house and it is a specialty of Argentina, where the owner's wife is from.

In the late spring, summer and early fall, is when Dolcezza really shines. They have new flavors based on what's in season pretty much every week, and Robb (the owner) is constantly mixing up interesting stuff that is so good. Like "Strawberry Tarragon", "Cucumber Vodka Mint", "Blueberry Thyme Gin", "Grapefruit Campari", "White Peach Prosecco", "Orange Honey Cardamom", etc. You get the picture. This is way more interesting of a place to experience gelato than Pitango, which has pretty good quality but totally predictable flavors.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that their espresso drinks are awesome - they use great beans (normally they rotate the roast) and have baristas that are actually trained on how to pull good shots and steam milk. Aflajores and Dulce de Leche churros are pretty great too.

• Visited April 2012