“Outstanding bookstore, selection, and ambience”
Review of Politics and Prose

Politics and Prose
Ranked #8 of 70 Shopping in Washington DC
University Park, Md
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Outstanding bookstore, selection, and ambience”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have known and loved Politics and Prose for about ten years now and was dismayed to read any bad reviews. Regarding the local author who has trouble getting a gig, okay, I can understand your frustration, but c'mon -- it's a great bookstore! I have been to numerous book signings, and yes, I can see where it's competitive because, after all, this is Washington D.C. -- home to some the best and brightest, so of course it will be competitive to get on P&P's roster. Anyway a great place, wonderful ambience in coffee house downstairs, terrific authors speak and sign books, and altogether always a wonderful experience. The best thing about it? The books, natch.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank historianTudor

Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't order gifts online!”
Reviewed January 6, 2010

I ordered a gift online for a co-worker and my receipt specifically says that I paid for FedEx Ground service ($8.00), but when it didn't arrive within a few days I sent an e-mail asking for the tracking number. I was told that since it was a local delivery (and a gift card), they don't use FedEx but rather a regular $0.44 stamp. I asked for a refund of $8 -$0.44 and I'm still waiting. What a rip off!

3 Thank Amos2010