“Great for us geeks!”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great for us geeks!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Brilliant way to spend a couple of hours! Lots to see and loads of interactive stuff. Probably notbsso good for anyone under 10 though!

Visited August 2013
CrimeMuseumStaff, Manager at National Museum of Crime & Punishment, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your visit and review!!! We love it here too :-)

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Texarkana, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth it!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I thought this was the most fun and interesting museum we visited! My 13 year old and 10 year old loved it! They were ready to leave the Smithsonian museums within an hour but loved this one! If you enjoy true crime you will not regret paying for admission to this!!

Visited August 2013
It's so great to hear that you and your family enjoyed our museum as a favorite!
We agree... so spread the word :-)
Thank you so much for your visit and review.
Oakland, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Was a hit with the family”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I thought this museum was going to be an expensive waste of time, but in fact it was quite interesting and had quite a few creepy items such as John Wayne Gacy's clown outfits and
Madoff's letters from prison to his sons. If the history of crime in America is your thing then this is
the place for you.

1 Thank Spin1788
Thank you for your visit and review- we appreciate it!!!
The Madoff exhibit is also one of my favorites- so I am glad you enjoyed it!
Council Bluffs, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice change”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to the museum for a change and had a blast. We found some coupons online so the cost was a little cheaper. We figured we would spend an hour or so wandering around but ended up spending the better part of an afternoon enjoying the museum! It was very interesting with lots of history of crime and punishment that was presented in a way that wasn't boring. We went during the week after school started and it was nice that there weren't a ton of kids around so you could take you time and really look at things. The only reason I didn't get the review a 5 was that their CSI interactive spot could use some updating/remodling. The fact that its interactive has taken its tole on the display, however I wouldn't let that keep you away. Definately worth seeing!

Visited September 2012
Thank you for your visit and review... hopefully you were able to "solve the crime" in the CSI section... and that the body's wear and tear- didn't distract you too much! :-)
Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“My Granddaughter said it would be great, and it was!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

One of my Granddaughters, 12 years old, and I spent 3 days in DC seeing the sights, and this is one of the places she wanted to see. To be honest I had never heard of it, and I hoped that it would be as interesting as the other Smithsonian Museums we had visited, and it was!
It had a wide variety of photos and Law Enforcement artifacts including the car Bonnie and Clyde were driving in when they met their end. It also had some interactive exhibits for the kids, testing their driving and shooting skills.
The only problem I encountered was that all of the walls were painted black, making it a bit hard to see and walk around the sometimes narrow corridors.
All in all, a very interesting place to visit, and I would encourage everyone to make The Smithsonian Crime and Punishment Museum a 'must see' when in DC.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Michael H
CrimeMuseumStaff, Manager at National Museum of Crime & Punishment, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
We are thrilled that you and your granddaughter had a fun time at the Crime Museum! The museum is a great place for people of all ages as there is so much to see and do! Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you and your family again soon! :-)