“Comet Ping Pong”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
“Comet Ping Pong”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Have eaten there several times and the pizza is first rate. Usually a long wait to be seated so if you're in a hurry, this is not the place. howver, the pizza is terrific.

• Visited November 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic pizza place to have in the neighborhood”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This has now become our regular neighborhood pizza place to go to. Always great atmosphere, and food reliably good most of the time. Took some friends from NY there the other night and they loved it too. We were there at around 7:30 on a Friday night so were braced for a long wait – said to be 45 minutes – but miraculously got a table after only 15, which was lucky as Politics and Prose next door had a reading going on so rather distracting if you were trying to browse (didn’t think I’d be able to last much longer there when thankfully the beeper went off). So still highly recommended, beer on tap, the arugula salad, the “Hottie” pie, and the “best” tiramisu. Only one thing – are they ever going to take down the “Thai Room” sign in the back?

• Visited February 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
“Worth the long wait”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My mom asked me if I wanted to go, and told me all of the amazing things she heard about this pizza joint. I was extremely excited to dine here. I visited their website and saw all the great articles and food network shout-outs and my expectations were super high. Once we arrived it was hard to find parking. we circled the small parking lot for about 15 and luckily somebody pulled out. Once we arrived at the door we were told it was an hour and some change wait. We were hungry but the groupon was expiring soon so we had no choice but to wait. They gave us a buzzer and said they would ring us when a table is ready. We went inside and the place was packed!!! They had plenty to do while you waited, with ping pong tables and games. However they all were occupied so we decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. All of the unique shops in that area defiantly kept us busy(we spent most of our time at bookstore next door). Once our table was ready we were greeted by a great server. The menu was awesome. Love love love the menu all of the different beer options and their descriptions blew me away. Our server was also very knowledgeable of the beers which helped us a lot. Food was amazing so organic and fresh never had anything like it.

I have a Google offer so i will be visiting The Comet once again however i will be prepared to wait. Trust me sooo worth the wait.

• Visited August 2012
“Great Service”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our expectations might have been too high as we have heard so many people rave about Comet. The food was fine - we appreciate that they try to source all their food locally - just that might keep us coming back. But what really stood out was the great service we received. We were a group of 6 and one of us had several allergies. Our server was very attentive to this and was willing to check on all the food items we inquired about. That will also keep us coming back.

Visited November 2012
East Coast of USA
“Amazing pizza - well worth the drive to D.C.!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I met up with a friend at Comet last night and had a wonderful time. I haven't tasted pizza this good since our 2009 trip to Italy! Comet's prices are incredibly reasonable by East Coast standards, especially for the D.C. area. My pizza cost $15 with optional anchovies & was worth every penny. The Chianti was very tasty & a bargain $7/glass. We arrived around 6pm & had to wait nearly an hour for a table, but managed to score seats at the bar, so at least we had a nice place to sip our drinks.

Comet's menu is extensive & offers attractive selections for vegans, vegetarians, pescetarians, & omnivores. My friend was able to get vegan cheese on her pizza & I didn't have to beg the kitchen to "please leave off the meat" - it was an option, not built into the dish. Since the bacon-in-everything trend refuses to die in Baltimore, this was a welcome relief. There are lots of interesting pizzas to choose from, but if you want to create your own pie, you can do that as well.

The staff at Comet was friendly, professional, & as attentive as they could be given that the place was packed. We didn't play ping-pong because we were too busy catching up & that part of the restaurant was positively packed with little kids, but perhaps we'll have a game or two during a less crowded visit. It was a bit noisy because of the crowd & the number of children around, but for food, wine, & service at this level (& at a price that won't break the bank!) I'm willing to put up with a bit of a din.

Baltimore desperately needs a restaurant like Comet. Hey, management, how about opening a branch up here?

• Visited February 2013