“Ping Pong and Pizza!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Passing through DC on a family vacation and were looking for a cool place for dinner (I had had enough fast food on the road). Did a little searching and found Comet Ping Pong was featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives". Love the show and thought we should check it out. I mean who could pass up a wood-fired pizza with prosciutto and a fried egg! It's a cool space, interesting artwork and ping pong tables in the back (hence the name).

Reviewed September 22, 2012

After viewing a feature on Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" I vowed to check out Comet Ping Pong, For the most part the place delivered. The dough is excellent for those who love a slightly chewy crust. We were a little disappointed with the Philly calzone. It was too heavy on the broccoli rabe and light on the pork. In fact we would hardly taste the pork. I would opt instead for their pizza creations or create your own. Overall, I'm glad we checked it out.

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Like many I saw this on the Food Network. And as much as Guy Fieri can grate on the nerves he was dead-on with this place.

My daughter and I watched the feature and I was most interested in his aplication of regional food system ideals. They make their own canned tomato sauce from local sources, as nearly every other ingredient is. The care in preparation is clear in the food. And the food is clever, diverse, and delicious. I had the "Yaley" pizza and forget your ideas about clams on a pizza, this pizza make your mouth get up and dance. The fresh local mozz bruschetta-style appetizer would have been great on its own, or as a pizza. Good beers on tap and a very hip industrial chic feel inside. My wife said the best part for her was the bathrooms, which have a very unusual entrance and a wonderful mural on the wall inside. And of course you should, if tired long-traveling children don't prevent it, wait for a turn at the game tables. What a fantastic way to turn customers into a community (if only for the evening, if you don't live nearby). I recognized the. Owner, and found him very approachable, grounded, and genuine. I hope I can go back soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Fantastic food! Definitely try to wings. The meat falls right off the bones. The pizza is excellent! Hard to choose which one to get. And ask for a cup of the ranch dressing to dip wings and pizza crust in. A little expensive but worth it!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

After seeing this restaurant on Diners Drive Ins and Dives with Guy Fieri, I had to check this place out. The pizza is delicious. The wings are great. But what really sets this place apart from other places is the ping pong in the back. Overall a great place.

1  Thank Ryan C