“I wish I could eat here every day, then go to the bookstore after!!”
Review of Comet Ping Pong

Comet Ping Pong
Ranked #209 of 3,463 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Like many I saw this on the Food Network. And as much as Guy Fieri can grate on the nerves he was dead-on with this place.

My daughter and I watched the feature and I was most interested in his aplication of regional food system ideals. They make their own canned tomato sauce from local sources, as nearly every other ingredient is. The care in preparation is clear in the food. And the food is clever, diverse, and delicious. I had the "Yaley" pizza and forget your ideas about clams on a pizza, this pizza make your mouth get up and dance. The fresh local mozz bruschetta-style appetizer would have been great on its own, or as a pizza. Good beers on tap and a very hip industrial chic feel inside. My wife said the best part for her was the bathrooms, which have a very unusual entrance and a wonderful mural on the wall inside. And of course you should, if tired long-traveling children don't prevent it, wait for a turn at the game tables. What a fantastic way to turn customers into a community (if only for the evening, if you don't live nearby). I recognized the. Owner, and found him very approachable, grounded, and genuine. I hope I can go back soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Fantastic food! Definitely try to wings. The meat falls right off the bones. The pizza is excellent! Hard to choose which one to get. And ask for a cup of the ranch dressing to dip wings and pizza crust in. A little expensive but worth it!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

After seeing this restaurant on Diners Drive Ins and Dives with Guy Fieri, I had to check this place out. The pizza is delicious. The wings are great. But what really sets this place apart from other places is the ping pong in the back. Overall a great place.

1  Thank Ryan C
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We hoofed it here on a very hot muggy day (from the nearest Metro stop) and it was worth it and I'm glad we 'earned' our individual pizzas and adult beverages with that sweat-drenched hike. The place has a very cool, funky vibe and some very unique (and surprising) pizzas on the menu (yes, they also have the standard pies). I do have to say that the pizzas, while very good, were not as WOW as I was hoping for. All the ingredients were fresh and I enjoyed the arugula salad I had. They have good wine and beer lists. We played ping pong after we ate and had a blast doing that! The day we were there it was busy but not too crowded. If you need to use their restroom, it can be a bit tricky to find...just keep pushing on the walls - you'll eventually end up in the right place! I loved that it was so funky yet unpretentious...good for all different types of people, with or without kids.

1  Thank HawaiianHercules
Reviewed June 28, 2012

A friend recommended Comet to us. So glad we tried it. The food was amazing and the wait staff was great. This place gets packed but it was worth the wait. So fun to play ping pong while you wait for your table! Next time in DC Comet will be our first place to eat!

1  Thank ConcordCouple