Kimpton Donovan Hotel
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
$199
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$369
$238
$225
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$370
$351
Travelocity
1,824 results
All reviewsthomas circlerooftop poolspiral showerwine hourzentan restaurantfront desksoaking tubchocolate covered strawberrieswhite houseyoga matbottle of champagnemini barlogan circleboutique hotelwater pressureupon checkthe entire staff
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Located on 14th street between K and L street makes this a very good location. Booking online on hotels website made this a good deal. This is a boutique hotel and I am not quite sure what that means. However, this hotel stands out from other hotels with furnitures and design. Good beds, fairly spacious rooms and a very nice 55" flat screen on the wall!

Bar on the rooftop (14th floor) and a popular (and noisy) restaurant on the ground floor. Across the street is a very good breakfast restaurant.

10 min. walk to the White House, lots of restaurants in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Elif H, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Kennethtravelling,

Thank you for a fabulous review!!!

Reading reviews like yours make us very happy and proud!!!

Please come back to visit us soon...

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I just returned from a 2-night stay and I was very disappointed. I usually stay at Kimptons when I can because they're unique and friendly, but this left a bad taste in my mouth for the whole chain. Upon check in I was told that we had received our requested upgrade for a Premier Suite, at an additional cost of $75 per night. I was disappointed to find that this room didn't have a bathtub, since the room description on the website says "shower and bath." I was also told at check-in that the $10 "Raid the Bar" card could also be used on room service, but I found out at check out that that's apparently not the case. The room itself was just OK; rather bland compared to other Kimptons. The bed was very hard; I could barely walk after two nights of sleeping on it. The TV remote control in the bedroom had a battery malfunction of some sort; it was hot to the touch and actually starting to melt the plastic inside. We did have drinks and small plates at the rooftop bar. It's a nice setting but seriously understaffed. There was one server trying to serve the entire area, so very slow. At one point the manager came out and gave free sushi plates to the two tables on either side of us, but blatantly ignored us. At least the location is fairly good. All in all, though, I was very let down. I'll be back to DC in two weeks, but I definitely won't be staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca G

RebeccaGelinas

Thank you for your review!

We truly value your detailed review as it allows us to find ways to improve our service. I am truly dissapointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations.

If you could give us another chance in the future, please feel free to contact me at elif.hendrickson@donovanhousehotel.com

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed here with a bunch of friends for a bachelor party and had a great time. The hotel is brand new with renovated rooms that were designed thoughtfully. The hotel made every effort to make our stay enjoyable and even brought champagne for the groom. Great view from the King Premier corner room. Cool teacup tub in the room as well. Would highly recommend - a great value when compared to your typical cookie cutter hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brian S

Brian S.

Thank you for your review!

Bachelor party at Donovan House? Love it!!! I am truly happy to hear that you had a great time with us.

Please come back to visit us soon...

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have stayed at this property many times in the past, both when it was previously part of Thompson Hotels and now as part of Kimpton Hotels. The Hotel recently refurbished every room, so things like carpets in the rooms and upholstered chairs and beds looked fresh, as did the girrafe and zebra printed terri bathrobes hanging in the closet - very cool. Check in was great - they greeted me as a Kimpton InTouch member and gave me a "Raid the MiniBar" card for members (it gives you a $10 credit when presented back to the front desk at check out for anything you ate/drank from the mini bar). I arrived early and my room was ready so they checked me in - again, a nice touch. Hotel common areas and lobby looked great. Hallways looked better than i remembered them. Room itself was noticeably fresher after the remodel. I liked the stronger lighting this time (the rooms always felt a bit dark in the past). The carpet was new and nice (dark and light grey pattern). Bed was comfortable, low to the group. Air conditioning worked great, especially as warm weather was starting up again. Free Wifi worked great - seemed more reliable than before as well. My room was a corner King and has their famous Nautilus shaped shower - hopefully you can try one of those. Toiletries were ok - except they really should consider having a few additions, including a shower gel. Only complaint about the bathroom is the towels - they were a bit dingy, not so soft and actually a bit scratchy. Perhaps they could invest in nicer, fluffier and whiter towels. Plenty of towels were provided however. Good hair dryer included in the room. Some small drawers for clothes included inside the closet, as was a safe for valuable, an iron/ironing board and what looked like a yoga mat! Mini bar had a decent selection. Prices are a bit on high side for DC, but the credit members receive helps. Room was quiet - only ever heard neighboring doors shutting but no sounds from neighboring rooms. It looks like the menu in the lobby restaurant was expanded for room service offerings as well. The hotel is very well located for being near the metro, other shops and restaurants are not far away. The only other complaint i have is with the lack of a very attentive door/bell staff. This was very inconsistent - except when i was checking out, they really were of no help t me getting cabs or helping with the door. I hailed my own cabs every time and dealt with my luggage and the doors. FYI, you also need your room key to open the front door of the hotel after 1am it seems. Elevators also require you to use your key to get to a room floor.

Room Tip: Get a room with one of the Nautilus showers
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

ccgworldtraveler,

Thank you for a wonderful review!!!

While reading all the great comments, I was dissapointed to see that we failed your expectations with bathroom amenities and departure experience.

Please e-mail me at elif.hendrickson@donovanhousehotel.com with any future reservations you might have. I will make sure that you are having a flawless stay.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks on business and would stay again, for business or pleasure. The hotel is in a great location and the staff is very friendly and helpful, from the doormen to the reception staff to the bar and restaurant staff. I was in a recently refurbished room which was very comfortable with great linens and firm bed. Although there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room if you ask they will bring up a coffee machine for you and they serve morning tea and coffee in reception from 8.00 am and there is a wine ‘happy hour’ every evening in reception. Loads of towels are provided and there is also an iron, ironing board and dry cleaning service, a large desk, good wifi, a good sized safe and a large TV with multiple channels.

There is an on-site bar and restaurant downstairs. The food is Asian-fusion of sorts and not really my first choice but what I did sample was delicious. All I would say from a negative point of view is that they stop serving food at 10.00 pm which is tricky if you arrived back at the hotel late - there is also no late room service. However there is a 24-hour CVS pharmacy opposite where you can buy emergency supplies.

The lift works using your room key but don’t keep it near your cell phone or it will deprogram!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

OriginalEnglishRose,

Greetings from Washington D.C. and thank you for a great review!!!

I truly appreciate your comment on hours of room service operation. We will certainly take your comment to consideration and look for ways to improve our service.

Please come back and visit us in the future!!!