Kimpton Donovan Hotel
Marriott Hotels
$446
$341
  • Room Service
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$437
$242
  • Room Service
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$279
  • Pool
$157
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
JW Marriott Washington, DC(Washington DC)
$509
$459
  • Room Service
Kimpton George Hotel(Washington DC)
$363
$329
$265
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$221
  • Pool
1,813 results
All reviewsthomas circlerooftop poolspiral showerwine hourzentan restaurantfront desksoaking tubchocolate covered strawberrieswhite houseyoga matbottle of champagnemini barlogan circleboutique hotelwater pressureupon checkthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for a business trip and the rooms were generally modern and tidy. Wifi was available throughout the hotel which was great. Staff were friendly and service was exceptional. There is te added bonus of a rooftop pool/ bar area. It's in a good location close to restaurants an the whitehouse for sightseeing all in walking distance.
The only negative comment I have was around the housekeeping staff did not top up any of soaps and mini bar in my entire stay of 4 days which I thought was unusual. Otherwise very happy with the hotel overall

• Stayed: July 2012
Abe L, Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Hello Melbournepsych,

Thanks for your review!

Overall, I am pleased with your stay but did want to apologize with the lapse in Housekeeping Service. Your comments have been passed along to our Director of Housekeeping, who will in turn use it to train our team for future service opportunities. I do hope you will return to experience it.

Take care in Melbourne,

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at the Donovan House August 13-15 as part of my honeymoon in the US with my wife. We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel because of the very friendly staff, especially Darryl at the reception. We got to the hotel late at night after our bus was delayed from Philadelphia and there was a problem with our booking...one of the men at the reception gave us a room with two beds and we only needed one.

We came back to the reception and asked to switch rooms, which Darryl did for us with no hesitation. We were really hungry and tired from the trip, so he gave some recommendations for restaurants in the area and offered to move our stuff to our new room for us! When we got back to the new room, which had a very nice view "panoramique" of the roundabout and the church across the street, there was a very nice bottle of white wine and a hand written card from Darryl in French congratulating us on our marriage! WOW! We have never experienced such nice service anywhere in the world!

This is a great hotel and easy walking distance to all of the major sites of the city. I am not sure if we will ever be back in Washington but I will recommend this hotel to all my friends. I wish we could take Monsieur Darryl back to France with us so he can show us how to give very good and friendly American service! Merci Darryl!

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the roundabount and church. It is very nice and well worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Equipe_Bleu_France

Bonjour Equipe_Bleu_France,

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor!

Darryl certainly did a number to make your experience, exceptional. While impressed, I do have to say that I am not surprised. Stories like yours are heard often as all of our staff try to go above and beyond for our guests.

Unfortunately, Monsieur Darryl must stay with us. =)

Until next time,

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Me and my boyfriend recently stayed at the Donovan house and could not have been happier. The hotel is very modern and clean. The rooftop pool is great, since you can enjoy the view and get a drink without having to go far. The Hotel is pure class, but what made out trip even better was the wonderful hotel staff. Jeanine and Janina were so helpful and Nice. The staff trully took our stay over the top. Thanks Guys!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Flora S,

Thanks for your AMAZING review!

I really appreciated all the comments about your stay. Janina and Jeanine are pretty awesome, so thank you for recognizing them. The people working inside a Hotel make all the difference, thanks for recognizing because I sure do.

Cheers,

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Recently stayed at the Kimpton for my birthday and was upgraded to the 14th floor in a king suite. The front desk warned me that it could be noisy due the rooftop bar. We did not have a problem, in fact enjoyed a few cocktails and the view with the younger crowd.

The restaurant downstairs was fantastic for shushing and great waitstaff and bartenders.

I would rate the hotel higher but the furniture showed it's age and was chipped in many spots. Cool hotel if you are looking for a smaller boutique hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
Abe L, Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Hello Travel5Va,

Thanks so much for completing a review about your stay!

I too love the 14th Floor. Kind of feels like having private access to the rooftop! Glad you got a chance to experience both the Donovan House Rooftop and Zentan. Both are awesome locations to hang out. I also appreciated your comment about the condition of the Hotel. We are in the process of putting together plans for some refresh items that will dramatically impact the condition of our rooms. More to come!

Cheers,

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was here about 2-3 weeks ago and I had a fabulous time let me tell you!
A gentleman named Darryl from the front desk was so incredibley helpful. We were greeted with such friendliness and sophistication. I was rather impressed with how immaculate the staff and decor was. Anywho, Darry directed us to the rooftop bar where we were just awestruck with the view. The bartenders were so sweet, and I feel I really got my moneys worth in terms of my drinks.
I will never forget the customer service I experienced with Darryl and the bartenders. They made my trip to DC unforgettable.!

Room Tip: Did not stay in room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends