We stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night at the end of July. The location isn't the greatest since it's a few miles from the city center. Check-in was easy and quick, but I was disappointed when the lady told me that parking in the lot was $17 at this hotel! There is absolutely NO NEED to charge for parking in this area/location, it's clearly just to rip off the customers staying at the hotel. The lady gave me a little paper permit to put inside my car. But as I walked through the lot, 1/2 the cars didn't have one. I can't imagine all of those people paid for parking. I won't tell you not to pay for parking and just park there, but I will say it didn't look like they will check for that, especially if you park in the rear by the Holiday Inn (my 2 cents at least); but you can make your own decision.
The room was clean and tidy, but it was much smaller than I thought it would be. The hotel wasn't what I thought it would be in general (after having stayed at other Marriott properties like Courtyard). The wireless internet was easy to connect to and worked fine in my room. We didn't eat the complimentary breakfast so I can't comment on that.
In my opinion, the hotel was just an okay, average place to stay in DC if you can get it cheap. It's not close to all the sights or nightlife areas, so be prepared to drive places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC, New York Avenue. The hotel located in northeast, features a modern decor with newly refreshed guest rooms and suites, complimentary hot breakfast and free shuttle service at limited times to Union Station Metro. All rooms are equipped with Serta mattresses, 32-inch flat-screen TVs and ample work spaces. Business and Leisure travelers and families can enjoy the close proximity to Metro which takes visitors to top historic attractions including the Smithsonian Institute's 19 museums, National Mall, Capitol Hill and universities. The hotel is located near Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport. Top corporations and government agencies surrounding the hotel include ATF, DOD, FBI, USDA, FEMA, DC Government and Department of Homeland Security. We look forward to your arrival at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC, New York Avenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc/New York Avenue
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc/New York Avenue Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairfield Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairfield Inn