“2 visits; good food, service slow”
Review of Elephant & Castle

Elephant & Castle
Ranked #99 of 3,367 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We ate at the Elephant and Castle twice during a New Years girls trip to D.C. Clearly because we went back we enjoyed the food. Pub and sports bar atmosphere, with some options on the menu that are pure British such as Shepherd Pie. We tried different things and all entrees were good. Desserts were HUGE and very good. Particularly enjoyed bread pudding. Both times we found the service slow and not very attentive. Nice waitresses individually, just not the service spark. So good place to eat, but don't expect fast or efficient service.

1  Thank libba

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I had an early lunch here they put me at a singleton table by the window. I ordered the grilled salmon and asked for it with rice and steamed broccoli. Broccoli is not a standard lunch menu item but they said they could do it. The salmon was excellent. The broccoli had seen better days some of it had black parts I cut them off and did not eat them. Service was prompt and friendly. I might go back again but I would avoid vegetable items not on the menu because they may not be fresh and the chef did not check these well when preparing them.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Been there a few times and each time they were missing several menu items. Otherwise it's a nice place to sit in nice weather.

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I decided to eat here since it was on my way back to my hotel. Atmosphere was great. Service...my waitress took awhile to come to my table but once she did, she was very friendly. I ordered meatloaf with mash potatoes and vegetables...potatoes were great, meatloaf was different than I've had before...covered in bar-b-que sauce which gave it a completely different taste...but it was ok...waitress let my drinks go empty and then forgot to fill my drinks. Overall..I enjoyed the restaurant, would have been better if it wasn't for the waitress..

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I put this restaurant in the same category as that of Ruby Tuesdays and TFI Fridays restaurants. I also think that their food is priced too high.