“Unassuming space, great service and awesome food.”
Review of The Dabney

The Dabney
Ranked #20 of 3,473 Restaurants in Washington DC
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 19, 2019

A friend took me there for an early Birthday celebration. We did not have reservations, as they were booked for the month, but after a short wait, we were seated at the bar. The service was impeccable and friendly, the food was top notch, and the ambiance homey and unassuming. What a great treat!

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (297)

Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

The Dabney is a special place to share with friends or family. The ambiance is wonderful. The food is sensational. The service impeccable, and the prices are steep! Very steep! For small plates, cocktails and wine it was the most expensive meal I’ve ever enjoyed.
I’m not complaining because I enjoyed every morsel, sip, and moment.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

My kids promised a surprise the last time I visited DC. It turned out to be the Dabney. I loved it.
It is off an alley freshly paved with brick and rendered a pedestrian thoroughfare. Charming.
The restaurant itself is pretty, modern and welcoming, though the acoustics render this very busy place a little loud.
But let’s not quibble, because the food is fabulous. There were three in our group, and everything we tried was delicious.
The pepper appetizer really was a “dream come true,” which was our server’s enthusiastic recommendation.
Service provided by foodies working in foodie heaven.
Probably impossible without a reservation.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 12, 2019

The Dabney is amazing - every dish was absolutely perfect. I've never enjoyed vegetables so much in my life, not to mention the excellent non-vegetables. Drinks and dessert were amazing too.

Excellent service.

This is bucket list-type dining.

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank tadak
Reviewed July 7, 2019

I’m always wary of restaurants that are touted as the “hip” places to be, but The Dabney did not disappoint. Fair warning... the cuisine is served as small plates that offer diners tastes of a variety of dishes so if you’re expecting a traditional menu of one-serving meals, this is not for you. But if you like variety with unique ingredients combined in creative ways, you’ll love the choices that are updated daily. The staff is knowledgeable and can offer recommendations based on your tastes. Expensive since about 4 plates is close to a full meal, but try it if you’re looking for something different.

Date of visit: June 2019