“Vegan just isn't our thing, but if it's yours - you'll like this place”
Review of Busboys and Poets

Busboys and Poets
Get food delivered
Ranked #54 of 3,078 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Description: Busboys and Poets is a restaurant, bar, events space, bookstore and cultural hub where arts, politics and culture internally collide. Menu is vegan, gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly.
Reviewed May 18, 2017

In all fairness, my son chose this restaurant via internet search but didn't realize it was vegan. I loved my sweet potato pancakes, but others in our party had gluten-free bread items they did not like at all. My daughter-in-law loved the grits. Coffee was good - but when I asked for a refill I never received it. The service was a bit slow, but everything seemed fresh. So if you dig gluten-free, vegan, etc. - you will mostly likely love it!

1  Thank 103lorir

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant came highly recommended by our hotel. It was very unusual but the food was excellent. The service was superb and attentive to our needs before we even asked. I highly recommend the Greek Salad. It was the best I have tasted.

Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

Just finished having a delicious lunch here. Ate solo at the bar. Bartender was very competent and knowledgeable. Ordered the avocado Panini and a side of grits. Both were very good, although the grits were slightly dry. Great iced coffee. I'll be back!

1  Thank 510mark510
Reviewed May 1, 2017

I have been to Busboys and Poets several times in DC. Frequently when progressive voices were speaking, such as Alice Walker, Van Jones, Amy Goodman, Dick Gregory (he just stopped in, not on schedule), and many others. Food is great..had lots of selections for me a vegetarian as well as for my meater friends.
Highly recommend...bonus...great bookstore connected...

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed April 25, 2017

Where else can you enjoy a vegan (or meat-centric!) brekkie, get an expertly-made latte, purchase a book, recite some of your slam poetry and feel welcome regardless of your age/dress/facial hair? This quirky little place has a little bit of everything including a modest hippie-love vibe.

Date of visit: May 2016