“Great service and quality food”
Review of Busboys and Poets

Busboys and Poets
Get food delivered
Ranked #54 of 3,078 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Description: Busboys and Poets is a restaurant, bar, events space, bookstore and cultural hub where arts, politics and culture internally collide. Menu is vegan, gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly.
Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

I love this place on so many different levels. First off they have great customer service and their menu has great options for people who don't eat meat, gluten, or diary. And the food taste great and the prices are very reasonable.
I really wanted a sandwich so I ordered the lamb burger.
Unfortunately they were out of their gluten free bread for the night and the manager came to the table and notified us and apologized and I ate it with lettuce instead. At the end of the night he accommodated us. Really good food and great customer service!

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Lady_V808

Reviewed January 31, 2017

I really enjoy having dinner at Busboys and Poets. They have a varied menu that meets the needs of people with different tastes and diets. They serve vegan dishes, gluten free meals and have a lot of tradtitional selections. There is a decent choice of wines and lots of coffees to choose from. I also enjoy browsing the book selection.

Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

This place is a 95% on vibe, and the food for its price is closer to 70%. I had the vegan burger with a cup of Moroccan two-bean soup (the name currently escapes me), and my three friends got the tri-color quinoa with Chicken and two turkey burgers, respectively. Everyone pretty much agreed that the food was good to great as far as burgers go, but everyone felt a little disappointed on the price when the bills finally came. Definitely not the end of the world, but probably the main thing stopping me from a 5 star review here.

That said, the poetry store is the kind of thing I'd say is sorely needed in many cities, the vibe was cozy but classy, there were couch-tables of you were looking for more of a cafe atmosphere, and the art was truly interesting enough to start a conversation. As a style of place we see all over the country, this was a notably cool one.

Reviewed January 29, 2017

The combination of cafe and bookstore works well. Funny cards and unusual books. The food is high quality and very tasteful. Supporting local producers and offer wide range of glutenfree, vegan and other special diets. The breakfast options on weekend are more than during week. No problem to get a table at least until 10 am.

Reviewed January 28, 2017

Often there are readings or programs or speakers to go with the good food and drinks, even interesting books for sale.....more than a restaurant