“In search of organic breakfast ”
Review of Busboys and Poets

Busboys and Poets
Get food delivered
Ranked #54 of 3,078 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Description: Busboys and Poets is a restaurant, bar, events space, bookstore and cultural hub where arts, politics and culture internally collide. Menu is vegan, gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly.
Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

This is it. There are only a handful of best breakfast restaurants that I have experienced in the U.S. Busboys and Poets is a great experience from start to finish. Sweet potato pancakes, bloody mary are two top rated menu items that stand out from other places. Lots of organic menu items. A bookstore, delightful restaurant and friendly staff combine to create unbeatable value. This is an experience you should not pass. They have more than one location. We like the one on 14th.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed December 7, 2016

Place was buzzing - nice open decor - political art on the walls. Food was good as was the service - really nice place for brunch on a sunday.

Reviewed December 4, 2016 via mobile

I wish I had taken pictures but I was having such a good time I forgot.. The food and drinks we're awesome... The service unbelievable and Interactive... it had that feeling like you were right in the middle of New York City... The crowd was of all ages... the diversity matched up with what America has become at the time of this writing.. And that's a place that's welcoming to everyone... I'm looking forward to going back there the next time I'm in the area... My business in DC was a white house tour and to visit the new national museum of African American history and culture... The entire trip was great and eating here was nice icing on the cake!!😎😆💯

Reviewed November 28, 2016 via mobile

I've been here four times in the past couple of weeks. The ambiance is great. Real hipster vibe. Bookstore. Couches. It's cool. However the food is below average and the service is even worse then that. I asked a small short haired girl to wrap my food she responded "me"? I guess server etiquette is not a part of their training.

Reviewed November 13, 2016

If you are a hipster and not a foodie you will enjoy this busy spot. Me not so much. The food was bland, it was loud and crowded.