“Great Hotel with courteous, helpful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Washington Hilton

Washington Hilton
Ranked #99 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
LA, United States
“Great Hotel with courteous, helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I needed to stay here for 10 days attending a conference. The slight upcharge for staying on the 10th floor was a great value. Not only do you get to take advantage of the continental breakfast and hors d'oeuvres in the evening, the staff in the lounge were very helpful and friendly. It was like having some local friends to tell you where all the best restaurants and things to do could be found. My room was very well-kept and the furniture and equipment were practically new. It's in a great location with Adams-Morgan and all the Connecticut Ave restaurants just a couple of blocks away. It's a little far from the Mall and Smithsonian but still walkable or you can jump on the Metro in DUpont Circle. I also recommend El Chalan, the oldest Peruvian Restaurant in DC, just down Connecticut on I Street. It's the real deal.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thanks for your review William! Enjoying our Executive level is a real treat for our guests and such a great value. Thanks for the tip on El Chalan, I'm sure other travelers will enjoy as well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Rooms are excellent. Hosts Living Well health club, which is best hotel health club I have experienced. Parking garage underneath. Located in DC NW quad not far from Embassy district, Georgetown, Dupont Circle and tourist sites.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Thank Dale W. W
Thanks for your review Dale! It's great you found your room excellent and we are looking forward to hosting you again on your next HHonors reward stay!
Washington, DC, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Hotel itself was good. Breakfast was pricey for what we wanted, lunch was good and Dinner / Evening snack was excellent. Excellent Bar. A fee is charged for parking at this hotel. I was disappointed in this as we were there for a Conference at the hotel itself. I have stayed at other Hotels in DC and did not have to pay for parking when the Conference was at the hotel.

1 Thank Jeffrey H
Thanks for your review Jeffrey. It's nice to read you enjoyed our hotel. Our guests can choose a street parking option if they wish, but we provide a covered garage for your convenience. Glad you enjoyed the conference and we look forward to having you back!
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed her for five nights for a conference. Comfortable room on the club floor, nice view of the city. Efficient, quick check in, pleasant staff all around. Beds are very firm.
Within walking distance of a very large variety of dining options in DuPont Circle and Adams Morgan neighborhoods.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. It's great to read you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel! We look forward to your return on your next trip to DC!
Bayport, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

My wife and I attended an event there in December and we stayed for two nights. I had thought about only staying the night of the event due to some less than stellar reviews on TA. I'm glad I stayed! First of all, the food at the event was as good as any I've ever had at these large events. I did not eat at the hotel restaurants but if they have the same chef I'd say the food was above average. The rooms were decently sized. The bed was amazing. I mean I don't get what all the complaining is about! I paid a AAA rate of under $200 with fees and tax - in DC! That's a great value in my book. The immediate area looked fun with numerous restauarant choices, including a Ruth's Chris if you wanted to treat yourself. Yes, they bang you for close to $50 for valet parking and I agree that that is absurd! But aside from that, I would say my stay exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thanks for reviewing the Washington Hilton. It's clear you experienced what our hotel prides itself on: great food, comfortable rooms, and a great value. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to DC.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

This hotel offers a great location and lots of service. There are tons of restaurants near by, and it's a short walk to the subway or a med walk to all the sights of DC. This is all I have to say so why must I type 200 characters minimum

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for your review of the Washington Hilton. It's so nice to read how much you enjoyed our convenient location. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to DC.
NW D.C.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

My, my, talk about accommodations...
We are here for a six day conference and all the restrooms on the main level, the Columbia level and the Concourse levels - all have FREEZING cold water in these restrooms.
On the 3rd day of suffering through multiple trips to the restroom and that cold water, even though others had already complained about it - I went to the front desk and concierge to let them know about the water and they said they'd check on it.
Well, on the 4th day, same thing. I go back to the front desk and they said they'd contact engineering, even went as far as lifting the phone (but I don't know if they actually talked to anyone).
So, days 5 and 6, still no hot/warm water - so, I'm letting folks know out there. If you are paying money to stay here or to attend a conference (especially what you shell out for hotel, conference, food and parking rates) - watch out for lacking customer service responses and amenities - they are 'not' all stellar...

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gudguy1
Thank you for your feedback regarding our water heaters. We’re sorry we didn’t provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. We know how important hot water is and your comments will help us to improve the situation and prevent issues like this from happening in the future. We hope you’ll give us another chance and stay at our location again soon.