“Excellent value for money”
Review of Washington Hilton

Washington Hilton
Ranked #101 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Boston, United States
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great value! Property centrally located in DuPont Circle. Attentive staff. Only complaint - room service stops at 11pm and I arrived late. Good public areas. Room fresh and clean with very comfortable bed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Rebecca S, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for the five star rating and review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel and the staff during your stay. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Washington, DC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Austin, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel was in a great part of the city. The hotel was very nice with lots of amenities, resturant, wi-fi bar, bar, coffee shop. etc. The hotel is in a great location staff was very nice. I would go back again

1 Thank Janine L
Thank you for taking the time to review the Washington Hilton. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Nation's Capital. We appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hotel was in the heart of Dupont Circle which made for a great stay in the district. The hotel was clean and staff were overall nice. The only thing that would have made this hotel better would have been having access to the gym facility for free.

1 Thank Jennifer D
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We were pleased that our location worked well for your visit in Washington DC. We hope to have a future opportunity to host you here in our nation's captial.
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a nice hotel --nothing exceptional but consistent, reliable, always very clean, very professional staff, great executive lounge. Location is pretty good, near train and short walk to DuPont Circle. Zoo is nearby. Newly redone. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Washington Hilton. We are delighted that our convenient location and room accommodation contributed to the success of your visit. We truly appreciate your comments and observations. We look forward to welcome you back to the historic Washington Hilton soon.
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Overall, the stay was great. The only issue was that I was overwhelmed with the smell of the lobby and restaurant area. It smells as though perfume / deodorizer is pumped into communal areas. It was so strong that, when I ate in the restaurant, I tasted the perfume more than my food. This probably isn't an issue for most but, if you're scent sensitive...

1 Thank Christen P
We would like to thank for you for your posting. We always appreciate candid feedback from all of our guests, and will make sure all of your comments are shared with the Hotel Management. We look forward to having you back in the future.
Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is my second stay at the Washington Hilton (the first one was 10 years ago). The hotel does not seem to have changed much... this is a standard business conference hotel, nothing special except for a slight maze-like feeling when wandering around to / from the conference area. Room service is very decent (food and service), the gym is ok (took the spinning class there) but costs $10 a day. The coffee shop on the ground floor was a nice surprise - good coffee / tea drinks and friendly service. The location was a big plus, I was able to walk around and see a lot of the nearby neighbourhoods (including the zoo, Dupont square, Adams Morgan, and if you enjoy long walks, even Georgetown is accessible on foot). If I had not been here for the conference, I would have chosen a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank garp1233
Thank you for providing feedback for your recent stay at the Washington Hilton. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the location as well as The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in our lobby. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you're looking for a nice quiet room at all times, then search elsewhere. Or, insist that you get a room far far away from the elevators. Yet, know that if you do get one away from the elevators, it's a hike. This place is huge. A big note: the rooms are NOISY. Especially if you're near the middle (elevator). I cannot stress this enough. I found that if I turned the fan on at night, that helped a lot. YET, it made the room insanely dry, so I kept waking up at night for water. They do have windows that open, which was nice and unexpected. I liked the location as it was a pretty quick jaunt to the main attractions (via a short walk and train; or, a longer walk if you're up for it). Plus, it's near enough to walk or ride to Georgetown and the Adams Morgan neighborhood. All around, I liked the location. And, my price was good, but was special for the conference I attended. Staff were a mixed bag of sincerity and politeness. On the surface, they all seem very sincere and polite, but then as time progresses, the facade thins and things start to slip. Undeserved curt responses to basic questions - "Excuse me, the eggs are out" doesn't deserve a "Yeah - they're comin'!" NOTE: they were hosting several large groups that week, however... this is D.C. and that is probably par for the course, particularly in the summer (my stay was July 9-15). So, they should be better at handling stress. And, not the hotel's fault, but something to note if you're flying into Reagan, there is no shuttle service. You'll need to arrange a private car, taxi, or take the Metro. The reason the lady at the airport gave me was, "You're in Virginia, so they don't send shuttles here." To an out-of-towner, that's a terrible explanation, but that was the airport, so I'll save the rest for them. The pool was refreshing, though no hot tub. The latter would've been nice after hiking around the capital all day. (Oddly, I rarely like hot tubs; yet, at this type of hotel, I sort of expected one.) It's a heated, saline-treated pool, with a couple lanes marked off for laps. They open a poolside bar for a few hours a day, which was nice. All seemed clean. I had an 'ok' and mildly odd experience with housekeeping, in that on my second-to-last day, all I got was a made-up bed, fresh towels - though my old ones remained, no new bathmat - they took my used one, and my dishes and old food remained in the room; plus, clearly vacuuming never got done. The appearance of the hotel is nice. Lobby is HUGE and great for taking a break outside your room. Very plush and comfortable. I might stay here again for business, as the value was pretty good overall. I'll just know what to look for next time.

1 Thank elusivone
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit overall. Please come see us again soon.