“Family Friendly Vacation”
Review of Washington Hilton

Washington Hilton
Ranked #108 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The hotel was nicely updated and the staff was wonderful. Our room was spacious for my family of four. The executive lounge provided great value and awesome service with their great staff. The pool was our favorite part! We have younger children and they really loved the overall feel of a "huge hotel". The staff made it personable for them and they felt special. The Fourth of July entertainment was great for our family and the food was great! Lots of fun and a great idea. The DuPont Circle neighborhood was a wonderful location. TIP we found walking up 19th or 20th street much easier than Connecticut because it was less crowded. Also loved the architecture around the neighborhood. Overall, a lovely location and great amenities. The hotel is larger, so the expectation of it being BUSY as a result is reasonable. They do great making it have that personal touch, especially the front desk. My children did not want to leave for our next adventure because they enjoyed everything so much.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Rebecca S, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and choosing to celebrate Independence Day with us! I am so happy you and your family enoyed your time here and that we were able to make our large hotel feel personal and inclusive. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,067)

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Room clean, nice location. But they did not have the room we booked available until second night. They overbook, like airlines. Also, they had a false fire alarm and when we ran down ten flights of stairs there was NO STAFF to tell us where to go, what to do, or to tell us that it was a false alarm. In brief, most of the employees have no clue about service and the management intentionally overbooks.

1  Thank Valerie S
Rebecca S, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience imposed during your recent trip. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation and thank you for your review. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel again so we may show you the quality hospitality you expect and deserve.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Pro
Good location close to many restaurants and shops at DuPont circle
Walking distance to subway at DuPont Circle
Modern impressive service area with good bar and cafe
Room size is adequate with coffee machine provided
Nice pool
Comfortable bed and good selection of channels on the tv
The hop on hop off bus stops here approx every 30 mins so its a cheap way to see the sites without needing taxis

Cons
Everything that has been reported on here about paper thin walls is true. We had a very noisy person in the room next to us who proceeded to phone friend after friend every night until 1 am and we could hear everything as if they were behind a curtain not a wall..it's hard hearing the same story several times.
Showers have poor water pressure
Internet is not available in rooms unless you pay 12.95 per day. It is free in the lobby area which means hundreds of people hang out there all day
Gym is not free
Lots of conventions are held in this hotel so expect a busy atmosphere all day everyday

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lui S

Thank you for reviewing the Washington Hilton. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel's location, your room, and the pool. I understand your frustration with being able to hear the person in the room next to you and I apologize for the inconvenience. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Good location, Walls are paper thin and they put me next door to sorority group who decided to party that night. After midnight, I tried to call front desk as well as help number and no one answered so had to go downstairs in my Pajamas. Asked to be moved but they would not and said they would send someone upstairs to ask the group to party outside of room. It is now about 90 minutes later and they never did anything and I am really irate and dead tired and have to wake up in five hours. Really really disappointed in their nonexistent customer service and will choose another brand next time I travel. Also beware that unlike other hotels they charge you for everything even to use gym and Internet, and their prices aren't cheap for these amenities.

2  Thank Worldtraveler2882
Rebecca S, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for reviewing the Washington Hilton. We appreciate your review and agree that the lack of service you received is unacceptable. Your comments have been relayed to the appropriate departments. We strive for excellent customer service and we hope you will consider staying with us again so we can prove that to you.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed there for a week from 8-12 July 2013 for a conference. Tenth floor. Staff are very nice, rooms are nice and clean. Everything you would expect from a Hilton. Location is nice ia about 4 blocks from DuPont circle. They have a heated outside pool with a lifeguard. Their gym is very well stocked with nice equipment and a good variety. I only eat breakfast at their resturant so ican review the resturant. For dinner I walked down to Hot N Spicy Crawfish (about 5 blocks) try it, it was pretty nice

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your reviewing the Washington Hilton. I am glad you had a nice 4 night stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to DC.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Satisfied with the room accomodations, but felt a little pricey, since I was attending the Key Club Convention and working nine hours a day with the the Convention. Maybe I should have been given a discount with the Key Club registrants.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for your review of the Washington Hilton. I am glad you were satisfied with your accommodations. I do not know your specific situation, but I apologize that you were unable to participate in the Key Club’s group rate as you were part of their conference. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The room was nice and the beds were comfortable. The view was amazing! We also really enjoyed the pool. We did not enjoy the 5:40 am wake up call that we did not ask for, especially after not checking in to the hotel until 10:30 pm. The hotel was also doing fire alarm testing starting at about 8:30am and had not ended when we checked out at 11am. To say the least we didn't get a lot of sleep which was the whole reason for booking a hotel. They also charged $36 a day to park at the hotel which was a little bit of a surprise since we booked through a third party.

3  Thank KW23114

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'd like to apologize for the noise issues that you encountered during your stay with us. When you come to a hotel you're expecting to get a great night's sleep and unfortunately we were not able to provide you with that. I also noticed that you were unhappy with the cost of our parking and I apologize if you weren't aware of the charge when you booked your room. Again, I thank you for your review and I'd love to have you back to give our hotel a second chance.