“Great experience during inauguration”
Review of Washington Hilton

Washington Hilton
Ranked #104 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this DC Hilton for a change during the inauguration. Everyone was friendly and greeted me as a diamond member and staff consistently provided me with great service. I brought my pooch with me so I was relegated to a lower floor. The carpet in the room showed obvious prior pooch stains. I guess other dogs are not as good as mine in telling when it's time to go outside. The rooms are small but they have been updated which makes it tolerable. I had a nice view. The TDL hotel brunch was wonderful with excellent wait staff. Overall a great experience give the full occupancy during the presidential inauguration.

• Stayed: January 2013
RyanHawkinsCH, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you taking the time to review the Washington Hilton. We are pleased that you and your K9 companion enjoyed your stay during your visit to the city. I will make sure that your comments regarding your stay are shared with the team. We thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Washington DC.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a little far to metro and other attractions but a great hotel, tastefully upgraded rooms, beautiful views, roomy lobby, all luxury. We stayed at the club level, the club was fully stocked and the breakfast was very good. We used the room service which the selections were great .

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you taking the time to review the Washington Hilton. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay during your visit to the city. I will make sure that your comments regarding your stay and the executive lounge are shared with the team. We thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Washington DC.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

What is this love affair Hilton has with trash cans that are too narrow and small to use. Large Heavy doors in the baths that get in the way, block access to something else, and won't stay open/closed ??? Or power outlets that are hard to find - if they're even there. Counter space that is often insufficient. small closets. Carpets that should have been steam cleaned sometime last year. Or earlier. Narrow hallways.
Wasn't impressed by the Honors Club either.
THe people are generally very nice and helpful, but the management/design departments are not impressive at all. The restaurant here is closed for dinner, you have to go to the bar or go out . At least the kitchen does a good job. Lots of restaurants handy

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Dairybrook
RyanHawkinsCH, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. We would like to apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of providing exceptional service. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area. I do hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the inauguration which is why it was over priced. $246 for a standard room. But paid it. The TV didn't work at first so they brought a different remote, but than he said we will only get a few channels. A few channels it was. Like 15 maybe!

Communication with their staff is awful. If you asked for towels you might or might not get them or you might get a crap load. Some of the towels weren't washed right, because they smelled like dog pee.

The little coffee shop was over priced and nothing was very good. Walmart bakery is 100% better which is not a compliment.
$2 for a can of coke at the coffee shop or $4 for room service can of coke. If you stay here walk to rite aid which is just down the road. Or maybe try another hotel.

On a positive note the rooms were clean and great wifi service. Very nice looking lobby and business center!

2  Thank BradleyRi

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Washington Hilton Hotel was recently remodeled and the interior furnishings are not elegant, but very nice. We also applaud their efforts to “go green.” However, there were certain deficiencies. Most noticeable and annoying is the closet, which is very shallow. In fact, clothes cannot hang on hangars with the closet sliding door closed unless they are hung at a 45-degree angle. The safe (which did not work) was mounted just below sport-coat height inside the closet, which made it impossible to hang a reasonable amount of long clothes (dresses; pants hung from the cuffs, etc.). The shower had inadequate water pressure and the water was at best, only warm. The TV menu was very annoying and appeared designed to prevent you from getting to broadcast TV. On the other hand, it was very easy to check out electronically using the TV. The sports bar had a relatively large selection of dinner entrées; service was very pleasant but also slow. The best part of our stay in the hotel was the breakfast. The service was warm and friendly, the fruit was fresh and the croissants were tasty.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
RyanHawkinsCH, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you taking the time to provide candid feedback regarding your recent stay. I have forwarded your comments on to our team so that they may share in not only the highlights of your stay but also the areas where we have opportunity. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Washington DC.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I wasn't overly impressed with this huge hotel, and perhaps its large size was part of the problem. I felt like one if a million here and found the whole setup overwhelming! The staff was friendly enough, but obviously overwhelmed as well (it was Inauguration weekend). The rooms were very small and the bar food was over-priced and not worth it. It was close to the metro though.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pam J

Thank you taking the time to provide candid feedback regarding your inaugural visit! I have forwarded your comments on to our team so that they may share in not only the highlights of your stay but also the areas where we have opportunity. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Washington DC.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights during the recent inaugural festivities. The hotel was fully booked. However they cleaned the rooms and maintained the facility despite enormous traffic of guest going to and from. Room service requested cash or that I give her my credit card services when they arrived with my dinner stating I had not left a credit card when I checked in. This was scary because I did leave a credit card at the desk. When I insisted that I call the front desk rather than what she requested, they were apologetic and were able to locate my card information. Aside from that mishap, there were no others.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. We are very pleased to hear that you had a good inaugural visit! I have forwarded your comments on to our team so that they may share in not only the highlights of your stay but also the areas where we have opportunity. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Washington DC.