1) Our room on the 8th floor was oddly shaped but comfortable enough. The beds were plush with excellent bedding. There was no outside noise and minimal noise from the hallway but the walls between rooms left much to be desired. If my neighbor talked on his phone, I could hear every word. Similarly, if he had his TV on, I knew what he was watching. Luckily, I had a fairly quiet neighbor. The bathroom obviously went through a recent retrofit. The shower is excellent. The sink is good but there isn't quite enough counter space, especially for two people. The worst part, though, is the door to the bathroom. The door has privacy glass in the center so if one person gets up in the middle of the night, goes into the bathroom, and turns on the light, the light shines right through the door and wakes everyone else up. Who wants glass in the middle of a bathroom door anyway???? The closet had only 8 hangers - enough for 1 person, but not for two for a week. The flat screen TV was a nice touch. A refrigerator would have been nice. The HVAC system is very nice, with more than enough heating and cooling, and best of all it ran quietly.
2) The cost of the hotel is quite high at $245/night. Parking is another $32/night. At least internet service was free and a continental breakfast was included. These latter two perks may, however, have been due to my being a frequent Hilton visitor. Overall, the cost is steep for the room quality. The hotel is not particularly convenient to anything. The Metro is a short hike away, as is duPont Circle. You're definitely too far from the Mall to walk there and back, though one way wouldn't be terribly unreasonable on a nice day.
3) Restaurant service is very pleasant with fairly high food quality. I was pleased by the fresh orange juice. The conference rooms were also nicely laid out and easy to find given the interactive touchscreens available throughout the conference area.
I'm sure I'll be back as all my Washington area conferences seem to end up at this hotel, but if I were on my own, I'd probably look elsewhere.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Washington Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Hilton Hotel Washington Dc
- Hilton Hotel Washington Dc
- Hilton Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hilton