“Not very convienient”

Motel 6 Washington DC
Ranked #138 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed January 9, 2009

I stayed here for 4 nights. It's not the lowest price around. The neighborhood is safe but the elevator didn't work during the entire time and the building is 4 stories tall. The rooms are decent but there are maintenance issues throughout, busted door latch, bathroom amenities etc. There's also nothing within close walking distance (.5 miles) however bus routes 52,53,54 go to Takoma station (Red Line Metro) and are very convenient. You can also take Bus route 70,71 or 79 right outside to get to the Silver Spring station. Georgia Ave is very busy so if you can get a room on the inward side of the street away from the traffic and siren noise. It's right across from Walter Reed hospital so there always seemed to be some ambulance/fire engine noise going on.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank dr_evil_dad

Reviewed October 25, 2008

I had to go to washington, 1/2 & 1/2 business/fun. I booked the Motel 6 in 3 days. Go on line and find a coupon for the motel and the supershuttle, save a few bucks.

I used supershuttle for $12.00 (w/ coupon) from DCA to the motel, cheaper than a taxi. No elevator cuz it was broken. Rooms were clean. 1st room had no HEAT. A call to the desk got me another room. NO HBO & a call to the office got me nothing. WiFi internet connection was at best 24mbs or less?
I was on the 3rd floor. Signal Strength LOW. The staff... what staff? Can speak english, but can not communicate, they come from a 3rd world country. Why can't Motel 6 hire americans to do this job? I always had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Anyway, 2 blocks away is Safeway, CVS, chinese take out. 1/2 hr bus ride to K street downtown DC, 1/2 hr ride to Silver Springs shopping. 1 hr ride to a kmart? No Walmart bus? 1 hr ride to Best Buy/Target new mall. On a short notice trip, the price was ok. The area is safe, medical hospital across the street, but I never went out past 8 or 9 at nite.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2008

What a lousy place - if it wouldn´t have been that late by the time I walked in and payed ridiculous $102.79 I would have ran away right away.
The sheets were partially dirty with stains that wont come off, paper on the bathroom floor and the tv reception was terrible (blurry pic).

I recommend to NOT stay at this Motel 6 on Georgia Ave.
For that price, the Motel is just in too bad of a shape.

By the way: pool was not open (although outside almost 90 F!)

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank vvddss
Reviewed February 25, 2008

This hotel which was located less than 10 mins from downtown DC. It was located in an OK area with plenty of stores and restaurants nearby but the hotel itself wasnt my cup of tea. When we were checking in the receptionist charged me $20 extra saying it was DC taxes so I just agreed as it was a long trip from NY to DC in the car. When we got to the room I wasnt impressed. We had stayed in Days Inn the previous night and this was like coming off alcohol. It was depressing. We had a view of the parking lot and the covered pool. Every so often I would get up and look out the window to make sure the car was still there and in one piece. There was a few weirdo's hanging around. I kept getting stared at by one guy in particular every time I went down to reception. Totally freaked me out. Didnt sleep like a baby in this hotel but we locked the door upon entering the room and before going to sleep. Its a pity we didnt know that there was a Days Inn located in the area until we were actually leaving DC. Overall it was just ok.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2007

I have to stay in room on 3rd floor that has door to the other room. I heard voices of the next room talking very loud until 11 pm on 11/22/07 then come with smell of smoking(not cigarette or cigar). I have never smell any other than cigar and cigarette but I guess this one is must be illegal tobacco. I try to call front desk and nobody answerd. I am scared to go down myself because it was about 2am. Then the full volume of TV was on, I try to call front desk again at 3 am and sure enough nobody answered the call. At 5am, while TV from next door is still on I call front desk, there is a man who I guess he is manager listen to my complain and he came up and knock on that door unsuccessfully. Manager called me that he tried but nobody answered his knock on door and he couldn't use the key card to go in because of lock inside. It means that someone was inside. I asked if the Motel 6 can do anything for me. Manager said it's not their fault, it's the other guest 's fault and I should have called him as soon as I noticed the problem. Yes, I did call but you are not at the front desk, he said he was there and sound like I am telling him a lie. While all of this happening, I also heard the voice from downstair and every bus that stop at the traffic lght next to my room. The room is also finished remodeling with a very very sloppy contractor. The insulation of the building has very poor quality and probably hard to fix it That's why my review title said like it is.
In conclusion I spend the most expensive Motel 6 (about $90) and I didn't get any sleep at all. I drove on home to Atlanta and cancel all the Motel 6 reservation I had on SC and NC. No more motel 6 for me. I have been using Motel 6 for the past 22 yrs.
The standard of the room and service from the independent owner are getting poor.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank pockybeagle
Reviewed November 29, 2007

we stayed in this hotel for three nights. The hotel is newly renovated and lively. The Rooms are very clean and the staffs are very feindly.
The hotel has Free wireless internet services, whcih most motel-6 don't and we like that. We enjoyed the out door pool, good for hot DC Weather. The hotel is one of the best Motel-6 we have ever stayed.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank mababab
Reviewed November 21, 2006

First off the location is in one of the worst areas in DC.

Homeless would congregate in the lobby all hours of the day and they would ask for money every time we walked by.

Front desk was extremely rude and tried to charge me $20 more than my reserved price.

The rooms were very dirty and the linen was filthy with stains.

The odor is appalling - the non smoking rooms smell of smoke and the elevator of urine.

This is NO place for children.

It would be in your best interest to spend a little extra and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business