“This place is a dump”

Motel 6 Washington DC
Ranked #136 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed April 11, 2013

When I booked this hotel through booking.com a month in advance of my trip, the hotel charged my debit account, limiting those funds, and not allowing me to cancel my reservation. I was forced to keep the reservation, and thought I'd make the best of it, even though I shortened my trip by a day, and the manager would not refund any portion of my reservation. When I got there, the pool was in shambles and covered, even though it was a balmy 85 degrees outside. The lobby and hallways were dirty and carpet was severely stained and not vacuumed. There was some kind of pest fumigation happening on the floor where our room was assigned. Although this hotel appears to have been renovated on the pictures and video online, the contractor's work that was done was very poor. There were cigarette burns in the linens, patches in the wall not painted, paint on the lighting fixtures, chips and stains on the old laminate furniture, and an old tube tv. There is no iron, no hair dryer, and the toilet paper dispenser is inches from the floor behind the toilet. The bathrooms are disgusting and old. This place needs new management and an overhaul. Because of this experience, I would never book with Motel 6 ever again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jessica I
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Jessica
We appreciate the feedback about your stay at the Motel 6 Washington DC. I’m so sorry to hear that your stay was not comfortable and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Your feedback has been shared with our team and the necessary steps have been taken to prevent recurrence. I hope to have another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs so please contact me directly to arrange your future reservation and I will gladly assign you a room on the side of the building away from the busy street.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Motel Six corporate should know that such a run down property damages their brand. This hotel is what we in the old days called a "flop house" , The place was very dirty and run-down, the room had broken electrical fixtures, sketchy characters hanging around the lobby and for my money definitely not worth the price . We stayed long enough to change clothing for our campus tours and returned to check out afterwards -- !!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank joetravels134

Dear joetravels134

Reviewed February 5, 2013

You get exactly what you pay for. Kind of a shady neighborhood, not-super-friendly staff, and not much in the area. Bit of a hike to the Tacoma station, too. All-in-all not a great choice on my part.I wish I had spent a little more and stayed closer to downtown.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rob W
MOTEL64063, Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Rob,
We appreciate the feedback about your stay at the Motel 6 Washington DC. Your feedback has been shared with our team and the necessary steps have been taken for improvment. I hope to have another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs so please contact me directly to arrange your future reservation and I will gladly assign you a room on the side of the building away from the busy street.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Not even worth a one. Had bugs in the room, bathroom door didnt close and All the other customers were smoking pot and you could have smelled it from a mile away!!!!!!!!!!! And they did nothing about it. We had to spray the hallway and keep a towel under the door to keep the smell out. Also in a bad neighborhood!!! Horrible.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel H
MOTEL64063, Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Rachel
We appreciate the feedback about your stay at the Motel 6 Washington DC. I’m so sorry to hear that your stay was not comfortable and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Your feedback has been shared with our team and the necessary steps have been taken to prevent recurrence. We also shared the pest problem you mentioned with our pest control service company and effective measure has been taken I hope to have another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We enjoyed our stay because of nice staff and good location of the property. The price is reasonable for DC. We stayed in room on the parking side and it is very quit. The bus #70 is across the street and it will take to the downtown and national mall.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our stay because of nice staff and good location of the property.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank agovinico a

Dear Agovinico
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service. The Comments and feed backs we receive from our customer helps for the improvement of our service.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and your review.
General Manager,
Negassa Rebu, CHA

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Do you want a very cheap , clean hotel in DC with free wifi and 10 min walk from a metro station? Look no further. This cost my £50 per night and was very clean. Good safe and aircon unit. However, it is very tired and dated. Furniture wad shabby and common areas were basic and very 70's. A bus stop outside will take you to takoma station in 2 mins (bus 52,53 or 54. And £1) or the other way into the city ( £2 and 40 mins) . Hey. Be realistic. Its clean, comfy, tidy, aircon, safe and friendly staff. But its £50 quids worth. Its not luxury. They are £200 and in town. I will deffo stay again as i used it for a place to sleep and thats it. But it aint pretty. I give it 5 stars for price, 4 stars for clenliness , 3 stars for location, 2 stars for decor.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank nachooooo
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Mr. Nachooooo,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 Washington DC. We are glad that you’ve enjoyed your stay. We look forward to another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs. We would like let you know that we are on the process of full renovation process to change the property to the new Phoenix type.
It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback which is shared with our staff to reinforce best practices, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We traveled to DC as the family with limited budget and choose Motel6 Washington DC Primary because it fit to our budget. The location is very convenient for public transport; train and bus and the price is reasonable for DC even if it is higher than average Motel6. The pool is clean and nice but the only problem is that it is closes at 9pm.The staff are very helpful to give direction and other helpful information about the area. We enjoyed our three nights stay within our budget and we recommend this hotel especially for those who have limited budget.

Room Tip: Ask the staff is helpfull
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DAVE K
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Dave K,