“A place to sleep”

Ranked #136 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Wilmington, DE
“A place to sleep”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

DC accomodations can be pricey. This represented a reasonable value. This is in the Howard University area and the area is ethnically diverse. The staff provided extra towels as requested. A Place to sleep on a budget.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have less street noise as rooms in the front of the property
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bradbeebe52
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear Bradbeebe52,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 Washington DC. We are glad that you’ve enjoyed your stay. We look forward to another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs.
Negassa Rebu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Takoma Park, MD
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed at Motel 6 Washington DC during a stressful time of returning from the US from 4 years abroad. General manager Negassa Rebu helped us feel at ease by responding to all of our queries in a timely and helpful fashion during our week's stay as we searched for an apartment to rent in the area. Under his leadership, other staff are equally friendly and helpful. He takes his job seriously and yet meets his duties with good cheer -- that makes for a good general manager. And a good general manager makes for a good motel. We urge you not to hesitate staying there; it has all that a Motel 6 ought to have and more besides.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris S
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear Chris
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service. The Comments and feed backs we receive from our customer helps for the improvement of our service.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and your review.
General Manager,
e-mail: motel6dc4063gm@baywoodhotels.com
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I'm not a hotel snob, so despite seeing low ratings and hearing from a friend it wasn't the best, figured we could give this place a try. And as a still-non-hotel-snob, I'm happy to say it was totally fine and manageable. But honestly, for that price - which was cheapest in the area but still a little exy - I'd like to see something a little more updated. New towels and sheets, for starters. The tap dripped in our room, the towels were threadbare, but lucky as a New Yorker I knew how to do a bedbug check and can say we were all clear - woo hoo! The reception claimed they had free wifi but caught no signal upstairs - though our favourite part by far was the inexplicable shaking of the headboard at 2am - seriously, neighbours? What a delight! :P

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank FabulousTourTM
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Dear,
We appreciate the feedback about your stay at the Motel 6 Washington DC. I’m so sorry to hear that your stay was not comfortable because of, low internet signal and surrounding condition. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Your feedback has been shared with our team and the necessary steps have been taken to prevent recurrence. I hope to have another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs so please contact me directly to arrange your future reservation and I will gladly assign you a room on the side of the building away from the busy street.
E-mail: motel6dc4063gm@baywoodhotels.com

Travelers are raving about these Washington DC hotels

Maple Shade, New Jersey
Reviewed July 17, 2011

really nice people room is always clean in a great location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank tneville
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Dear Maple Shade
Thank you again for sharing your experience and your review.
General Manager,
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 11, 2011

The manager and the front desk people were very helpful. When ever we needed something, they did everything in the their power to help us. I enjoyed my trip because of them, especially from the help of the manager who made sure the trip for us was great. He showed kindness and was very courteous, to us and the other costumers.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Haliu
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Dear Mr. Hillu,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 Washington DC. We are glad that you’ve enjoyed your stay; we changed all our mattresses to new once in the last month to make our rooms more comfortable and all our rooms are renovated recently. We look forward to another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs.

e-mail: motel6dc4063gm@baywoodhotels.com
Tel: 202-722-1600 Ext. 100
Baldwinsville, New York
Reviewed May 13, 2011

My husband booked this hotel without researching it. When I researched it I saw the number of bad reviews and was convinced that while visiting DC we were going to have to sleep in our car or pay 3 times this hotel room for something more suitable. When we arrived the staff were friendly and eager to help us. The halls and elevator were clean, as was the room. I was expecting bed bugs or dirty sheets so upon entering the room I pulled off the headboard and sheets to check everything. It was 100% bug free.
We were given new towels daily and even when asking for minimal service they still came in and made the bed as well each day. They were always friendly. The only issue we had was the curtain didn't close well- a lot of light still came in at night, which we are not used to, and the TV had poor reception, hard to see it (really dark) and only a few channels. But we were able to connect to the internet despite being at the opposite end from the front desk, and on the 3rd floor. Also the bed was really "bouncy" and smaller then I thought, but we made due.
When our trip was cut short I explained the situation to them and they gave me a refund of the extra night, even though we left at 4pm and I hadn't asked for it. They processed it while we were packing our things. They were very kind about it asking if there was anything they could do and offering me help getting to where I had to go.
I would stay here again. The reality is that it is a motel 6, your not going to get spa treatments and room service, but if you are looking for a place to lay your head at night, then this is perfect.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back side are most likely quieter.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank starletwild
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear Mrs. Baldwinsville,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 Washington DC. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback which is shared with our staff to reinforce best practices, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service. We look forward to another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs.

motel6dc4063gm@baywoodhotels.com
Tel 202-722-1600 Ext. 100
Reviewed January 5, 2011

You get what you pay for! I stayed here because I had a discounted rate, the hotel was noisy, people had their t.v. up loud and talking past 1 a.m, you could here the noise from outside as if the Windows were up. I just decided to move out to a more expensive hotel so that I could get some rest. I moved to DC from out of town and all the Motel 6 I have stayed at were great this was the worst.

• Stayed January 2011
4 Thank turner3462
We appreciate the feedback about your stay at the Motel 6 Washington DC. I’m so sorry to hear that your stay was not comfortable because of the surrounding noise and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Your feedback has been shared with our team and the necessary steps have been taken to prevent recurrence. I hope to have another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs so please contact me directly to arrange your future reservation and I will gladly assign you a room on the side of the building away from the busy street.
motel6dc4063gm@baywoodhotels.com
Tel. 202-722-1600 Ext. 100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington DC
Windsor Inn
Windsor Inn
#127 of 140 in Washington DC
Days Inn Washington DC/Connectic...
#114 of 140 in Washington DC
#124 of 140 in Washington DC
The Embassy Inn
The Embassy Inn
#129 of 140 in Washington DC

Been to Motel 6 Washington DC? Share your experiences!