“Theft at the Valet Parking”

Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center
Ranked #70 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We went for just 1 night. Nice Comfort Inn, very clean, right in the heart of DC. Staff was very good. They have a very nice fitness room and outstanding free breakfast and breakfast area. I was there using Reward points so it was very economical. I woke up at 3AM in the morning and there is a place in the small lobby to sit with a laptop, have a cup of coffee et al. We had a Kindle Fire in the car, hid it, why we didn't bring it in I don't know. $30 mandatory Valet Parking. But, upon getting the car back it had been stolen. The hotel said, "not our problem." They said they would report it the police. Also asked us for the original slip when we checked the car with them, this is a piece of paper showing if there were any scratches. They wanted it to get the name of the attendant. Anywho, it's a big city, we should of known better or to stay at a better place.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel that doesn't mandate Valet parking so you don't have the same thing happen to...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank HAPPYFTLAUDERDALE
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

First, we want to express our appreciation for your patronage of our hotel. We are glad you were able to enjoy our exceptional staff and cleanliness and that your stay was otherwise enjoyable not withstanding your misfortune regarding your missing personal property. I hope your item was located after your departure and look forward to hearing from you.

david.brooks@baywoodhotels.com
202.719.1630 Office

Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel. I was curious if a hotel costing $149/night would be an acceptable alternative to my conference hotel at $300/night. The room was clean and met my needs. The breakfast was good. The front desk staff were welcoming and attentive. The gym had the essential equipment and was clean, though small. I would stay again if I were traveling on a budget, though it doesn't compare to the big, pricey places.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jedwards_10
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

We are pleased to hear that you feel we are a good value. We hope you will visit us again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have stayed here before.. and this hotel is amazing.. it's amazing because of the staff!!!! The staff are so kind, and so helpful to e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e ; they all go above and beyond and I see this each time i come.

Last night, at check in, I was greeted really politely while the front desk clerk finished taking care of the guest before me and we were both informed of all of the different amenities the hotel has to offer from laundry to breakfast to internet, etc.. when was the last time a small hotel like this kindly took the time and informed you of everything they had to offer?

Last time i came here, Asafa i think is his name, actually lent me his own personal umbrella for the day!!!

In addition, the internet works well, the rooms are clean and surprisingly modern for a Comfort Inn, and the hotel is well located!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank SaraSelavie

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Our team takes great pride in providing outstanding customer service, Asefa and the front desk team will be very excited to read your comments. We hope you will visit us again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My three-night stay at this hotel was a success all the way around. The employees were consistently friendly and helpful, the hotel was in a terrific area and the room was nice and comfortable. It was an excellent experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Philly700

Thank you so much for a great review. We value your feedback and are happy to know you enjoyed your time with us. Please come back and see us the next time you are in the Greater DC area.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I had the privilege of being able to travel to DCA for work. Since it was my first trip to the East Coast, I had no idea what was in store for me at the Harrington, which was my original hotel booked through my admin assistant. After checking in and feeling creeped out, I decided to check out and look elsewhere. Lucky, the Comfort Inn had room rates for my conference group and I was able to get an awesome rate and awesome room!
Christine was excellent from the moment she picked up the phone and said hello. She assured me that I'll be taken cared of by her and her staff. When I arrived, Raj welcomed me and assisted with my check in. It was a brutal morning with a bad experience at the Harrington, so it was a joy to have a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere!
My room was great! A nice king sized bed, a desk that allowed me to set up shop with my laptop, a big closet that allowed me to hang all of work clothes, a nice full length mirror, a very clean bathroom and an excellent staff to top it all off. The Comfort Inn also provides a contenintal breakfast which I appreciated. It allowed me to eat and head out to work!
The hotel was warm and comfy which I appreciated coming back to after being in wind chills of negative degrees and snow. Coming from Hawaii, that's a big change in the weather.
Greg, their designated taxi driver was also pleasant. He provided excellent and safe service back to the airport.

Room Tip: Share your needs and wants with the hotel staff. They can help provide you the information you need...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Kristen F
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was a good hotel, great location but the staff were awesome. Dantise at the front desk was able to help us with everything we needed. Breakfast room was a great way to start a day of site seeing.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dave P

Thank you for your review - Dantise and the rest of our team take great pride in providing superior customer service. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was here to stay on End of August with my sister .i absolutely loved my stay in this hotel. Located in a very convenient location of DC, everything waa close by.
The front desk staff "Anisha" was such a great help. She was very attentive, polite and quick to respond to my needs. Rooms were very comfortable and clean:)So glad i chose this hotel and I can assure you that i will be back and i will also recommend it to friends and colleague.

• Stayed: August 2013