“The best hotel in DC!”

Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center
Ranked #73 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed in while traveling to DC. My usual hotel was sold out and I had my assistant find any hotel near K Street. I am so glad I found this one. The staff is awesome and always there to help. The cookies at check in were a nice touch. Thank you to the entire staff.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank EVO-T1985
Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We booked a room here for a weekend of sight seeing in DC. We were given a corner room, which is a little bigger than the regular rooms. The rooms are modern, and okay for 2 people. The amenities are good, and the bathrooms are nicely done. The only downfall of this is the elevator is slow or doesn't work. We took the stairs most of the time, but it is HOT in the stairwell. The continental breakfast was good and had a ton of options. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable. We did valet our car, which worked out well and then walked. It is a walk, but it's not TOO bad if you are in shape to walk to all the main monuments and what not. I would stay here again for the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bigwuhead
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your review of the Comfort Inn DC Convention Center hotel for your recent trip of sightseeing in Washington DC. We are glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us. We apologize for the slow elevator as we are currently in the process of replacing both elevators. Nevertheless, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were helped greatly by Nelly at Reception when we had to move out of a fleapit hotel elsewhere and find something at short notice.
The rooms were nice, clean and well maintained. Comfy beds. Great choice of buffet breakfast. Quiet rooms even with the traffic down below.
We weren't impressed with the way the hotel tariff varied hugely depending on the day of the week

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pambo44
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The staff at this place welcomed us with a smile and several brochures and advice to help us on our trip. The price was very reasonable and the location is almost perfect. I have no doubt that we are going to stay here again next year. It was safe, comfortable and quiet for a downtown hotel. If you don't stay here you are going to waste money and wish you were here. I loved it. Great for kids and safe also.

Room Tip: Hotel does whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Byron R

Thank you very much for your review of the Comfort Inn DC Convention Center hotel. We are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Although we are excited to see you again next year, our only hope would be to see you again before then. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I recently spent three nights at this hotel. When we arrived, there was only one staff member at the front desk, and the person ahead of us was checking in a group of teens. We waited patiently while the employee checked in this group, took payment for items some of the kids were buying in the shop, and dealt with a knocked-over glass jar of liquid that left a mess on the floor of the small lobby area. One of the two 5-person capacity elevators was out of order. Since our room was on the eighth floor, walking up with our luggage wasn't an option. We did use the stairs during most of our stay.

The room itself was decent, if a big crowded. The windows had blackout shades, though a bit of light leaked through around the edges. We were at the rear of the hotel so didn't get any street noise; however, the AC could have been quieter. We did not hear much noise from other guests coming and going. The King room had a comfy bed, fridge, desk with chair, nice TV, full-length mirror, bedside tables, and good reading lights attached to the headboard. The bathroom was clean, but the only place to hang towels was on a rack in the tub; and there was no vent. The towels are minimalist, but clean.

Breakfast was typical Comfort Inn fare. I would like to see some more healthful options, such as whole wheat bread and bagels. Orange and cranberry juices were depleted the first morning we were there.

The location is good. If you enjoy walking and are not in a rush, you need not take a car or public transportation. We walked to all the major landmarks from the hotel. (My pedometer recorded 13 miles one day!) There are restaurants, take-out food establishments and services within walking distance. The area seemed safe.

Now, the reason for my title: we left DC on Sunday morning and, when we arrived at our destination that evening, I discovered I had left my robe on the bed at the hotel. It is white and blended in with the sheets, so I didn't see it when I packed my luggage that morning. I called the hotel and spoke with a female. I told her when we had left and which room we had occupied. She took my contact information and said she would call me back. I never heard from her. When we returned home a few days later, I called again and spoke with Raj. He took my information and called back saying he had checked with housekeeping and laundry and no one had seen my robe. He left a message the following day, saying he had checked himself and did not find it. I do take responsibility for leaving the robe; however, I am confident it did not grow feet and walk away on its own. If the housekeeper did not notice it, and it got wrapped up in the sheets, the on-premises laundry worker should have come across it. I suspect that one of the employees is now the proud owner of my perfect travel robe.

The photos were taken with my phone so the lighting isn't very good.

1  Thank ColoradoTraveler5
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on the way to New York. The hotel and its facilities are just average. We had the misfortune of staying on the same floor as what appeared to be a school camp. They had multiple rooms, all had their doors open and playing loud music which was... odd. However I think it gives valuable insight into the type of crowd that is attracted to this place.

Breakfast was nothing special, the usual waffles/bagels/eggs.

I felt it was quite overpriced for the actual hotel, but my understanding of DC is that everywhere is expensive. If I had my time over, i'd look at AirBnB and try to get myself some kind of apartment in the downtown area.

3  Thank Stanleythemanly
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that you simply found the hotel to be “just ok” as we strive to exceed our customers’ expectations. If there is any additional information you would like to share with me please contact me directly at 202-682-5300. Hopefully we will exceed your expectations during your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again in the future should your travels bring you back to the nation’s capital.

Thank you.
John Chisman CHA, MBA

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn for a week. The location was very convenient for all the visiting we wanted to do--major museums and galleries as well as government highlights.

The breakfast was super--a great choice of food--and a very good start to a busy day of walking and visiting. The hotel staff was very helpful and gave us valuable information on the best way to get to various destinations. Our room was always cleaned when we got back. We also liked the trend to helping the environment by not changing bedding every day. Having complimentary coffee available was appreciated.

As the week went on, we got to know Raj at the front desk. He was very friendly and helpful. This was especially true on our last day. We had an evening flight and he was kind enough to accommodate us for an extended period of time before we checked out early afternoon. His kindness was really appreciated and given the weather was very hot it was nice to get refreshed before heading to the airport.

A wonderful hotel for our visit to Washington--will come back again if we get the opportunity for such a holiday.

Thanks for helping make our holiday a wonderful experience.

Don

Room Tip: Try to stay opposite to 13 St.!!