We had a good experience here during the Cherry Blossoms. The hotel is located in a more residential neighborhood whereas over one street on 14th, it had a more commercial feel. Felt safe walking around. The hotel is small but kept up well. We had a decent corner room on the 5th floor and loved it, had a city scape view. Small rooms but after touring all day, it's not like we felt like leaping about the room. There is a firehouse down the street. You will hear them but it wasn't a deal-buster. Big TV, wireless worked great. Bathrooms were neat and tidy. Beds were comfortable. The elevators are small and a bit slow at breakfast time. Breakfast was fine. The typical food they always serve. Just don't go right at opening. The place was mobbed. Wait a half hour and you'll have a much better experience. More seating and fully stocked. All the employees I dealt with were polite and personable, efficient, like they wanted to be there. For the money, this is a good, little hotel. It's not a big, opulent place but I'd certainly go back. You can walk to tourist stuff easily if you're somewhat an active person. We walked to the tidal basin and back and it was a pretty good hoof but we're walkers. You'll be fine here. Utilize the Circulator for certain neighborhoods. From Union Station to 13th and K, it took us 25 minutes and cost $1.50. A taxi will run you $18.00. We walked easily (with small suitcases) from the bus stop a few blocks north to the hotel. Check it out online for routes and stops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 4 blocks from the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, our DC downtown hotel is within easy reach of the White House, Smithsonian Institution museums and the Jefferson and Lincoln memorials. We're steps from the McPherson Square Metro Station and Logan Circle, as well trendy shops, restaurants, legendary attractions and government agencies. Enjoy a great night's sleep in European-style guestrooms with sleek, contemporary decor and unique layouts. Relax after meetings or sightseeing in boutique style spaces outfitted with thoughtful travel amenities, like free Wi-Fi, refrigerator, cable TV, ergonomic work space, and iPod docking. Then sit back and enjoy the view. Feel right at home in DC when you stay with us. Wake up to our hot buffet breakfast and face the day with a smile. Enjoy a workout in our fitness center, grab drink at the shop, pick up tour tickets at the activity desk, or get your suit dry-cleaned. You're ready to go with free Wi-Fi and connected in the business center. It's all about you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Choice Hotels, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown Dc / Hotel Washington Dc
- Comfort Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Comfort Inn