“Great Service Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Rochester, New York, United States
“Great Service Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We came to DC for a memorial service and needed a motel nearby. We had a small room that was clean and comfortable. The front desk attendants as well as the parking concierge were extremely professional and courteous. We have no bad things to say about this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Elizabeth C
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable as well as the staff to be extremely professional and courteous. We hope to see you again in the near future when your travels bring you back to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Indonesian first
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This Comfort Inn is very nice if you are looking to save a few dollars in the Washington DC area. About five blocks from 3 different Metro stations, it's a bit of a hike if the weather is not so nice. The building is older, but has been refurbished nicely. The room was on the small side, but nicely refurbished. The neighborhood is not bad, but definitely not the nicest in the district. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank HighFlyin82A
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a conference. The hotel is approximately four blocks from the Washington DC convention center which is rather convenient. You can walk it during the day but I would recommend a taxi back in the evening if its dark. Hotel is on a busy road but there fast food restaurants close by. The rooms are rather small. This hotel is considered an European boutique hotel which means it's small. The beds are full size beds so if you are sharing the bed make sure it's with someone you don't mind sleeping real close to. The bathroom is small as well and the shower was odd. Half of it was covered by a wall which made it a little dark even with all the lights on in the bathroom. There was a window next to the toliet, but when you looked out the window you were looking into another hotel room with their bed in plain sight (luckily didn't see anyone in a compromising position). The breakfast was pretty decent. They have a waffle maker, hot eggs with either bacon or sausages, toasters for toast or bagels and a microwave to make instant oatmeal; refrigerator with hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cream cheese, milk and a juice machine as well as fresh fruits. Just don't book this hotel with a huge conference in town the breakfast area was a bit on the tight side. You can probably seat thirty people comfortably in there. Overall it was just an ok hotel experience. If I absolutely have to I would stay again but with less people so I can have the bed to myself.

Room Tip: A/C does not have an automatic switch so you have to have it on all the time or not on at all. Be m...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank vadiva30
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your response. Our hotel does offer full, queen and king size beds which are confirmed at the time of your reservation. It is our goal to ensure every guest has an enjoyable stay and I am sorry to hear that you found your experience to only be “ok.” Nevertheless, thank you very much for your feedback and if there is anything else you would like to share please contact me directly at 202-682-5300. Thanks again. John Chisman CHA, MBA
Wichita, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I checked into the hotel on January 14, 2013. I left the hotel for dinner and sightseeing and on my return back to the property I was searching for free parking on the street in front of the hotel. I was turning at the corner of 13th and m streets and was hit by a airport shuttle van on my drivers passenger door and the impact totalled my car. It was very upsetting and the good news that my injuries sustained were not life threatening but I was injured and it was a very difficult situation to deal with..totaling my rental car on my first night in washington. I cannot say enough great things about the hotel staff! they are excellent in every way.. from Asefa and million the bellmen who helped me with securing my car and providing me a parking spot in front of the hotel and ensuring that I did not receive a parking ticket was a blessing. From the moment that I checked in Rachelle at the front desk has been a delight and has helped me extend my reservation as well as been so polite. her wow factor guest service has made my stay enjoyable throughout all the difficulties I have had to deal with on a personal level. She is wonderful and is an asset to the property. Raj Joshi the Assistant Manager could not have been more supportive of my issues and made sure that I was taken care of in a efficient timely manner. He went above and beyond to make sure that I was accomodated as well as his staff! The staff and management at the Comfort Inn downtown DC/ convention center went the extra mile to make sure my stay was an excellent one and I will only stay here when I am back in the DC area. I highly recommend this property! The property is conveniently located to all the sights, monuments, museums, the white house, chinatown and the US capital...It is within walking distance to the metro. A must stay while you are in the DC area!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Angie R
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed for one night on January 5 2013. The hotel is central, so clean and what can I tell about the breakfast.... PERFECT!!! We will be back next time we are in Washington D.C. Also the staff is really great and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Martine D
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your response. I am delighted to hear that your stay on January 5th was perfect. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Washington D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We travel with a tour group of 34 people. We are always requiring that extra attention to detal otherwise the tour can be a shambles. Thanks to Rajesh Joshi and his wonderful team at the Comfort Inn Downtown DC our stay has been trouble free. As the Tour Manager I can put forward some unusual requests from time to time. Every request has been met with a smile and never too much trouble. Thanks guys for making our stay in DC so pleasant.
Want a great place to stay, then you can't go past the Comfort Inn Downtown DC.
Thanks guys. Craig

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Hilly61
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stay in hotels around 260 days a year, and its always a pleasure when I stay in one that gets it right! This hotel and the staff are amazing. Friendly, professional and the rooms and location are superb.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank mrintimate
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive feedback about the hotel. I was recently asked what makes my job rewarding and I must say this is a perfect example. We strive to provide flawless service and are delighted to hear that you found your stay to be superb. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Washington DC.