Willard InterContinental Washington
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$287
  • Breakfast included
$293
$280
  • Pool
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
$339
$329
  • Room Service
$238
$225
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$479
$351
$314
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$428
$335
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$389
$171
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
$502
Hotelpower.com
3,405 results
All reviewscafe du parcthe round robin barpeacock alleywhite housewashington monumentbeautiful hotelclassic hotelroom servicebeautiful lobbyperfect locationnational mallan upgrademini barroom was largeturn down servicetwo blockssmithsonian museums
Reviewed April 2, 2007

We stayed at the Willard for one night in late February, it was a wonderful experience. Check-in was quick and easy, the young lady helping me was gracious and accomodating. Our room was gorgeous, beautifully appointed, comfortable, spacious and just fantastic.

We had afternoon tea down at Peacock Alley, it was on par with tea's I've had in London. The food was delicious, plus they brought out more of anything you wanted. It was fun to sit and people watch while sipping tea and noshing on wonderful sandwiches and cakes.

The concierge was fantastic, we'd gone to a movie and tried to go to Old Ebbitt for dinner but there was a 45 minute wait. We went back to the hotel and talked to the concierge (I think his name was Jeff) and he called Oceannaire and got us a table there instead.

While it's not cheap, it's definitely worth it for a special treat, the location is fantastic and the service is unparalleled.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank CheesyHokie
Reviewed March 27, 2007

Stayed for 4 nights and all I can say is that I am looking forward to going back! All staff members were professional, friendly and took
care of all requests with ease. I do not have one negative comment! Utilized the I-spa. Great service and a great way to unwind. Whole facility is clean, and well managed. A short walk to the Metro and walking distance to all DC attractions. Food and beverage was superior. I have spent hundreds of nights in hotels. This one is in the top 2%.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank goo0325
Reviewed March 23, 2007

Having stayed at both the Four Seasons and the Ritz in DC, I had always wondered if the Willard was equal to the task. Trust me, it is....in spades.

I worked directly with the fabulous catering manager (Christina...thank you!) to create a birthday breakfast bash to remember! She truly put my dreams into reality with a package that included a wonderfully appointed 400+ sq foot deluxe room that overlooked a huge Border's bookstore, a breakfast buffet that allowed menu flexibility (some of my guests desired non-pork meats), and A/V equipment that was generously discounted to set my event off with style and fit my budget.

While I haven't stayed in as many 4-5 star properties across the country as many tripadviser readers have, I've experienced enough to know that some are living on by-gone reputations that are rapidly eroding due to inconsistent service. Not the Willard. I get the sense that the people who work there also truly understand and enjoy serving. From the tea servers, to the concierge, front desk, and even the bell hops, I could not find one area of fault. So I encourage everyone to go and live the high life at the amazing Willard. I think that you'll be hard-pressed to find fault as well!

A.B. Gregory, Washington DC

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Aria_G
Reviewed March 21, 2007

I spent 4 nights at the hotel and every day I lost water pressure in the shower. The water would completely stop flowing then a minute or so later it would come back, while I stood there in the cold. I did call down each day to report the problem and each time was told they would send someone up. The problem never really got fixed. They did however send up an amenity to apologize and breakfast was on them. This was the only thing that wasn't great about the hotel. It had a great location, comfy beds, and is absolutely beautiful with a great staff. I would absolutely stay again when they fix the plumbing.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank CrystalMO
Reviewed February 27, 2007

Perfect hotel and perfect location for a weekend in DC. I was able to use Priority Club Points for a 4 night stay at the Willard. Everything was perfect from the check-in to the check-out. Do try the room service after a day of touring, it was delicious. We didn't eat at the hotel but did have happy hour at the Round Robin several times. The Conceirge made our Evening Monument Tour for us and a bus picked us up at the hotel. We had breakfast at the Corner Bakery across the street before we caught the Metro 2 blocks away. In the evening we dined at the Old Ebbitt Grill, The Oceanaire, Mie N Yu in Georgetown and the last evening we walked to the Elephant and Castle for a quiet evening. We will definitely stay at the Willard next time we visit DC.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family