3,885 results
All reviews cafe du parc the round robin bar peacock alley white house beautiful hotel washington monument classic hotel room service beautiful lobby national mall perfect location mini bar turn down service room was large an upgrade two blocks smithsonian museums
Reviewed October 5, 2006

My wife and son stayed during a recent visit at the Willard and I must say this is one not so typical "chain" hotel.
Our room on the 8th floor overlooking the national mall was in immaculate condition (as was the entire hotel) and very spacious. On our arrival we were greeted by a british/german manager who really seemed to care about us and who gave our 7 year old son a little history lesson (which he really enjoyed).
The hotel has so much history that they even have a history gallery.
This "Residence of the Presidents" as I heard it being called, truly stands out in service & staff that seem to care.
Unfortunately the Restaurant was closed during our stay, but there are good alternatives close by. There is no pool, but a excellent although very pricey spa.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Markremi
Reviewed October 4, 2006

I attended a conference in Washington DC this summer and was provided with a list of hotels to choose from. After reading the reviews provided on tripadvisor, a group of us chose to stay at the Willard. Staying at the Willard was definitely the highlight of my stay in DC. The location was perfect, close to all sights, rooms were wonderful, especially enjoyed the "turndown" service.

Would highly recommend the hotel to anyone, if your budget allows.

Stayed: September 2006
Reviewed September 8, 2006

I cannot think of a single negative thing to say about the Willard Hotel. I stayed there for a week in August and another week just after Labor Day.

The first visit I checked in at 11am and checked out (after checking to see if late checkout was OK) an hour after posted checkout with no problems and no extra charges. The lobby is decorated with flowers which fills the space with a lovely fragrance and has a neoclassical decor. Sit in the lobby after 5pm and listen to the pianist while guests sip an afterwork drink and chat with friends.

The rooms are very large and very comfortable. Sounds don't transmit through walls much and I have not encountered loud guests after hours. The staff is extremely polite and focused on customer service.

The National Mall, museums, White House, and very nice restaurants are all within walking distance. The metro station is barely two blocks away.

A lovely, lovely hotel worth its premium price. But they do run specials for more budget-minded travellers if you can catch them

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank Rbirds
Reviewed September 8, 2006

The Willard is a beautiful hotel with first-class amenities. On a recent stay for a relative's wedding I found the Willard to be above average is nearly every area. The ambiance and setting are unbeatable and the location is perfect for sight seeing.
My husband and I have stayed in many wheelchair accessible rooms and the room we had at the Willard was by far the most comfortable we have been in. Most wheelchair accessible rooms lack any space for wheelchair movement except from one side of the bed to the bathroom. There was actually room to move around both sides of the bed in this hotel. Additionally there was a comfortable chair as well. The service was excellent. For example, I called and asked for towels and they arrived while I was still on the phone with the front desk (a one-minute wait)!
The wedding and reception, which were both held in the hotel were incredible!
There are two reasons that I cannot give the Willard an "excellent rating". First, the central location lends itself to a lot of noise. If you are not used to city living, you may not sleep well with the constant horns and sirens. Lastly, on our second night there was a very loud group staying on our floor. These folks were playing loud music, shouting to each other and running from room to room all night. OUr door was "playfully" knocked on twice between 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. I spoke with the desk once and they did come up and quiet the group down. Unfortunately, the hotel needed full-time staff on the floor to control this bunch. They ordered pizza at 3:00 a.m. and delivered it room to room by "shouting out" their buddies names.
Needless to say, our stay was not very restful. Upon checking out I mentioned the incident and I was told, "we had a bunch of trouble with that group last night and we are going to talk to the leader of the group today." So, although there was much to love at the Willard, sleep was not in the cards!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank Principle
Reviewed July 9, 2006

We just returned from a fabulous weekend pleasure stay at the Willard in Washington D.C. Check in at nine in the evening was fast and helpful. The charming employee recommended tour buses, restaurants, and places to visit, as well as checking the weather for our two-day stay in Washington. Room service was equally fast and rather delicious. The concierge was helpful in giving directions to sights, although his hour-long "lunch break" at 6pm made dinner-planning difficult. Our Deluxe Room with two double beds was spacious and comfortable. The housekeeping was excellent, miraculously cleaning our room even if we were out for only a few hours. Turn down service was a nice touch. All staff were very pleasant, friendly, and helpful. Our only caution is that since the Willard caters to the business and political elite, walking around in the hotel in touristy clothes occasionally made us feel a tad awkward. Nevertheless, the Willard's excellent staff and rooms made for a delightful stay. We will certainly return!

3  Thank famtravs