The location can't be beat. The service of the desk staff and concierge were great. Housekeeping was lack luster. I got a great rate from the Amex preferred hotels group. The upgrade was also available at time of check in. I picked the Willard for location and the guarentee of two queen beds. The JW Marriott and the W are right next store. For my next visit I will compare rates. The rooms at the Willard are a bit dated and there were several large conventions in house. I hope the the housekeeping staff attends to visiting dignitaries better than the ordinary folk. We left our room at 10:00 am and returned at 4:30 pm to find that the room had not been serviced. On the second day I grabbed for a towel finding that it was soiled. Gross!!! Cafe Du Parc has a great buffet if breakfast is included in the rate otherwise there are several places just around the corner. Starbucks is located across the street on the second floor of the JW. A bright spot was the concierge, Guilliame's restaurant recommendations were spot on. Oya was trendy and the sushi was outstanding. I highly recommend.
While in DC, I had lunch at the Four Seasons in Georgetown. If location and money were not a consideration I would stay there. Also, from the lobby the W looked like a great spot.
As for seeing the sites, The Willard is in walking distance to everything. On trip advisors recommendations we took the DC by Foot free monument tour. It was as good as described. The tour leaves at 6:00 from the corner of Constitution and 14th. It is free and full of fun facts. The guide is entertaining. I would recommend this on day one. The News Museum was a hit with the teens. We had been to the Spy and National Museums of Crime and Punishment before so we skipped on this trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the nation's capital, two blocks from the White House, The Willard InterContinental Washington, D.C. offers 335 spacious and elegantly appointed guest rooms, 41 of which are suites, that exude a unique blend of contemporary luxury and historic charm. Many of The Willard's guest rooms feature views of Pennsylvania Avenue and historic landmarks like the Washington Monument as well as downtown Washington, D.C. The Willard has been the site of many prestigious meetings, conferences and social events for nearly 200 years. With 19 meeting rooms and over 22,000 sq. ft. of event space, The Willard features unique and elegant function rooms including several ballrooms from which to choose. Discover a relaxing counterpoint to the busy pace of Washington, D.C. as you savor the fare at Cafe du Parc, featuring delicious French bistro cuisine and exquisite house-made patisseries. Reserve a table on one of Washington's most popular terraces' or dine inside in a modern, sleek Parisian-style setting. Join us for a drink in the historic Round Robin Bar. Located just off the lobby of The Willard, the Round Robin Bar has been a lively meeting place for Washington's political and social elite since the days of Abraham Lincoln. Long celebrated as one of the best in D.C., this legendary bar was known as the nexus of "Rum Row" and the "E street Corridor" -- plying its trade to luminaries such as Mark Twain and Walt Whitman. Today, this fashionable downtown spot draws a smart, stylish cross section of DC movers and shakers. The Round Robin Bar is open seven days a week, Monday through Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. and Sundays 12:00 p.m. to midnight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc