I will be taking my 8 year old daughter for our third annual girls weekend in Washington DC soon. We have stayed at the Willard twice and look forward to our next visit. we come during the Cherry Blossom Festival. The service and the surroundings are superb. Upon entering the lobby for the first time, my daughter (then 6) exclaimed "Mommy I feel like a princess and this is my castle!" last year, we arrived on Friday afternoon, with tickets to an evening ballet performance. The concierge arranged a last minute 5:00 pm haircut for my daughter at a salon around the corner. Now THATS service.
I have always been lucky finding a good rate for the Willard, and always able to find one lower than their advertised "Very Cherry" package. This year I was even able to get a free weekend night certificate on Ebay for $36.00 which I plan to use on this visit.
I will never stay anywhere else in Washington.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the nation's capital, two blocks from the White House, The Willard InterContinental Washington, D.C. offers 335 spacious and elegantly appointed guest rooms, 41 of which are suites, that exude a unique blend of contemporary luxury and historic charm. Many of The Willard's guest rooms feature views of Pennsylvania Avenue and historic landmarks like the Washington Monument as well as downtown Washington, D.C. The Willard has been the site of many prestigious meetings, conferences and social events for nearly 200 years. With 19 meeting rooms and over 22,000 sq. ft. of event space, The Willard features unique and elegant function rooms including several ballrooms from which to choose. Discover a relaxing counterpoint to the busy pace of Washington, D.C. as you savor the fare at Cafe du Parc, featuring delicious French bistro cuisine and exquisite house-made patisseries. Reserve a table on one of Washington's most popular terraces' or dine inside in a modern, sleek Parisian-style setting. Join us for a drink in the historic Round Robin Bar. Located just off the lobby of The Willard, the Round Robin Bar has been a lively meeting place for Washington's political and social elite since the days of Abraham Lincoln. Long celebrated as one of the best in D.C., this legendary bar was known as the nexus of "Rum Row" and the "E street Corridor" -- plying its trade to luminaries such as Mark Twain and Walt Whitman. Today, this fashionable downtown spot draws a smart, stylish cross section of DC movers and shakers. The Round Robin Bar is open seven days a week, Monday through Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. and Sundays 12:00 p.m. to midnight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc