The Willard is a truly grand hotel. From the portico to the majestic lobby, from the moment you walk in the door, you feel you have arrived. The hotel is located next to the Dept. of Treasury, only a few short blocks from the White House. The decor is quite traditional which is a perfect fit for the architecture and neighborhood. We booked through Amex Platinum Fine Hotels and enjoyed terrific breakfast at the Cafe du Parc as well as a $100 food/bev credit which we used at the charming and chic Round Robin Bar. The staff had already arranged a room upgrade for us (as part of the Amex program) but when they saw I was traveling with my children, they upgraded us several categories higher to a suite, at no additional charge. Such a lovely gesture. Although the hotel is formal, the staff was very friendly to our young boys and our room - a junior suite - was sprawling. The bathrooms was renovated but small. Views from rooms along the front of the hotel are fabulous. Perfect DC hotel. Looking forward to visiting again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the nation's capital, two blocks from the White House, The Willard InterContinental Washington, D.C. offers 335 spacious and elegantly appointed guest rooms, 41 of which are suites, that exude a unique blend of contemporary luxury and historic charm. Many of The Willard's guest rooms feature views of Pennsylvania Avenue and historic landmarks like the Washington Monument as well as downtown Washington, D.C. The Willard has been the site of many prestigious meetings, conferences and social events for nearly 200 years. With 19 meeting rooms and over 22,000 sq. ft. of event space, The Willard features unique and elegant function rooms including several ballrooms from which to choose. Discover a relaxing counterpoint to the busy pace of Washington, D.C. as you savor the fare at Cafe du Parc, featuring delicious French bistro cuisine and exquisite house-made patisseries. Reserve a table on one of Washington's most popular terraces' or dine inside in a modern, sleek Parisian-style setting. Join us for a drink in the historic Round Robin Bar. Located just off the lobby of The Willard, the Round Robin Bar has been a lively meeting place for Washington's political and social elite since the days of Abraham Lincoln. Long celebrated as one of the best in D.C., this legendary bar was known as the nexus of "Rum Row" and the "E street Corridor" -- plying its trade to luminaries such as Mark Twain and Walt Whitman. Today, this fashionable downtown spot draws a smart, stylish cross section of DC movers and shakers. The Round Robin Bar is open seven days a week, Monday through Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. and Sundays 12:00 p.m. to midnight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc