Willard InterContinental Washington
$369
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$143
$254
$224
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$226
$199
Fairmont.com
$444
$399
The Watergate
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$247
$175
  • Breakfast included
$170
$126
Official Website
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$200
$169
Hotels.com
$330
$239
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$182
$170
3,336 results
All reviewscafe du parcthe round robin barpeacock alleywhite housewashington monumentbeautiful hotelclassic hotelroom servicebeautiful lobbyperfect locationnational mallan upgrademini barroom was largeturn down servicetwo blockssmithsonian museums
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Willard is a great historic hotel smack in the middle of D.C. You're no more than a 10 minute walk to the National Mall, Memorials, or the Smithsonian. The amenities for a 5-star hotel were a little lacking, the tv in the room was small, and breakfast wasn't the best. My are Platinum members of the Hotel Brand and were given a free upgrade and early check-in; however, although we had arrived at 10:30am we still were not in our room until 4pm. Also, were told we would be put in quiet room on the 4th floor overlooking the courtyard; but instead we were on the 2nd floor overlooking Pennsylvania Ave. However, since we only used our room for sleeping it wasn't terrible. We would stay again at this hotel the next time we are in DC.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael O
1401HotelManager, General Manager at Willard InterContinental Washington, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We are very fortunate to be placed in such a prime location. It truly is easy to navigate around this beautiful city from the hotel, whether for the attractions or the numerous culinary offerings. I apologize that you were not impressed with the in room amenities. We feel that feedback and constructive criticism are gifts and enable us to improve. We are happy to inform you that we are upgrading our entire TV system to the best in class. We will have 47" LED's with close to 100 TV channels to choose from, as of this Fall. We will continue to work to exceed our customer’s expectations. On behalf of the entire staff thank you for having been our guest and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was a family trip. My 2 sisters and I plus our parents both over 80. This was their first trip to Washington DC. Our goal was to show them all we could without too much walking. My dad wanted to see all the War Memorials and Arlington Cemetery.
Our trip could not have been better! Hotel staff were friendly and very attentive. Our rooms were clean and very comfortable. Location, location, location! Perfect location for seeing the sites. Big Bus tours pick up stop right in front of Hotel. Having 2 restaurants on site was also convenient and the food was very good. When we needed a cab for any reason(dinner, church, night tour of monuments,shopping) they were always taxis available at the curb.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pod5

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Willard during your parent’s first trip to Washington. We are happy to see that our spacious rooms made for a good nights rest and that you were impressed with our location and proximity to the historical sites. We are glad that you found all the comforts in or around the hotel. Sounds like you had a special family trip. Memories mark our lives. Come back and see us soon!!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I would give this place 4.5 stars if I could and I would give it 5 stars if parking wasn't $42 (!!) (Valet only) Per 24 hour period (although there were in/out privileges as often as you liked).

The hotel is in a prime location - it is within walking distance to all the major attractions. It is located between the US Capital and the Lincoln Memorial. We were only there for 1 nite / less that 1 day and were able to see the Washington Monument, the World War II Memorial, the Reflecting Pond, the Lincoln Memorial, the Vietnam War Memorial, and the front and back of the White House (which is the hotel's neighbor). The National Mall and all the Smithsonian Museums are all within walking distance right outside the hotel, toward the US Capital.

The entrance to the hotel is very grand and the room was the same - very nice!

The service here is definitely top-notch - from the time I called to say that we were running late due to traffic on I-95 til the last luggage was put in the car as we were leaving.

We didn't eat at the hotel's restaurant - Cafe du Parc, as we thought it was quite pricey. There are a lot of places to eat nearby.

We stayed on the 9th floor (out of 12) and could see the Lincoln Memorial in the distance out our window.

Other than the price for parking, the only other issue I had with the hotel was the stench in the bathroom - it constantly smelled like urine and I had to spray some cologne to mask the smell. The rest of the room didn't have any smell. So that was a little odd.

But despite that and the price for parking, I would recommend this place and definitely stay here again (esp if I was able to get a good deal like I did this time - $239/nite) (I booked early and later found out our same room was going for about $449/nite).

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive and detailed review. I do apologize that you found the parking pricey yet most guests find there is value in DC in having on premise parking and in/out valet options. We are very fortunate to be placed in such a prime location. It truly is easy to navigate around this beautiful city from the hotel, whether for the attractions or the numerous culinary offerings. I do apologize for the odor in your bathroom which is unacceptable. Hoping you enjoy the rest of your Summer and we do throw in some great deals for the lucky early bookers!

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the Willard was highlighted by excellent customer service. Every employee we encountered was friendly and helpful. The lobby was stunning. Location couldn't have been better for access to museums and monuments.

I know parking is expensive everywhere in DC but we were not prepared for $42/night.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Willard is excpetional at every aspect. Arrived with motion sickness and the front desk manager quickly offered me a cup of ginger tea, and it worked. The concierge recommended Geroges de Paris for suit alteration and he was great. Also, thanks to the concierge, I had a great Asian dinner after beingdeprived of Chinese food for days. Before my returning, the concierge reminded me of picking up my clothes from Geroges (yeah, he finished it !). The front desk asked me whether I got my clothes next morning. How thoughtful.
The room is normally good. Being in the corridor and the lobby is liking stepping back to the times of Lincoln and Charles Dickens.
But there is one glitch I have to mention. The doormen seemed dosing when I returned at night, and they did not helpe me with the door nor luggage. As an iconic hotel, 24-hour doormen no matter shine or rain is a neccessity.
Location is nice. White House is your neighbor.

Stayed Feb 2011. Sorry about the delay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo