We have just returned from spending a long weekend in Washington and enjoying a wonderful stay at the Willard Hotel.
From the moment of our warm welcome in the stately reception lobby to the time of check out the experience was outstanding. The guest rooms are large, beautifully decorated, clean and well layed out. The staff are polite professionals with warm smiles and a genuine interest in making your stay memorable and worry free. The location is perfect for exploring the city and the concierge will go out of his way to make your wishes come true if possible. A true step back in time strolling through the lobby, halls and sitting areas. One only has to sit back and imagine a time long ago and the elegance that makes this hotel so special. A true landmark in the city.
Without a doubt this will always be our go to hotel.
To each and everyone who made our stay so special and memorable---"Thank You".
If you are going to Washington and have a chance to stay at the Willard you will be glad you did. A truly outstanding hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the nation's capital, two blocks from the White House, The Willard InterContinental Washington, D.C. offers 335 spacious and elegantly appointed guest rooms, 41 of which are suites, that exude a unique blend of contemporary luxury and historic charm. Many of The Willard's guest rooms feature views of Pennsylvania Avenue and historic landmarks like the Washington Monument as well as downtown Washington, D.C. The Willard has been the site of many prestigious meetings, conferences and social events for nearly 200 years. With 19 meeting rooms and over 22,000 sq. ft. of event space, The Willard features unique and elegant function rooms including several ballrooms from which to choose. Discover a relaxing counterpoint to the busy pace of Washington, D.C. as you savor the fare at Cafe du Parc, featuring delicious French bistro cuisine and exquisite house-made patisseries. Reserve a table on one of Washington's most popular terraces' or dine inside in a modern, sleek Parisian-style setting. Join us for a drink in the historic Round Robin Bar. Located just off the lobby of The Willard, the Round Robin Bar has been a lively meeting place for Washington's political and social elite since the days of Abraham Lincoln. Long celebrated as one of the best in D.C., this legendary bar was known as the nexus of "Rum Row" and the "E street Corridor" -- plying its trade to luminaries such as Mark Twain and Walt Whitman. Today, this fashionable downtown spot draws a smart, stylish cross section of DC movers and shakers. The Round Robin Bar is open seven days a week, Monday through Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. and Sundays 12:00 p.m. to midnight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, IHG and Jetsetter so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc