We stayed at the Willard end of March, 2013. It is a lovely hotel in a perfect location for those wanting to visit the National Mall & other sites (2 blocks from White House), plus it's a very historical hotel (term "lobbyist" coined here). We booked a few months in advance since we were trying to time it for the Cherry Blossoms. Weather did no cooperate, however. Because I booked (2 king rooms) in January, we got a very good deal, otherwise this hotel is pricey. The staff & service were excellent. The rooms were always clean and very quiet. BUT. . .be prepared for the prices for breakfast in the hotel (we ate all our other meals out). The continental breakfast in the lobby is $10/per person for fruit, pastries & coffee. hmmm. . .could walk across the street to Starbucks and get the same thing for half the price. We found out the hard way that the breakfast buffet in the café required reservations. It is upstairs, cramped and $25/per person which does not include an omelet bar or much other than the mundane fare. We were not impressed. The other issue I have with this majorly upscale hotel is the fitness center. It is the size of a postage stamp (the hotel seems to have spent their money & square footage on the Spa adjoining). There are bikes & treadmills, but try to do any free weights or stretching and you better hope you are the *only* person in that area, since there is no room for anyone else! The stretching mats (yoga mats) are absolutely filthy and the roller (1/2 size even) looked like a dog had chewed it up. No cubbies to place any jacket or room key or anything. We were there 4 mornings and it was crowded whenever we went. Other than the above, I would recommend this hotel if you book early and get a deal on the rooms!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the nation's capital, two blocks from the White House, The Willard InterContinental Washington, D.C. offers 335 spacious and elegantly appointed guest rooms, 41 of which are suites, that exude a unique blend of contemporary luxury and historic charm. Many of The Willard's guest rooms feature views of Pennsylvania Avenue and historic landmarks like the Washington Monument as well as downtown Washington, D.C. The Willard has been the site of many prestigious meetings, conferences and social events for nearly 200 years. With 19 meeting rooms and over 22,000 sq. ft. of event space, The Willard features unique and elegant function rooms including several ballrooms from which to choose. Discover a relaxing counterpoint to the busy pace of Washington, D.C. as you savor the fare at Cafe du Parc, featuring delicious French bistro cuisine and exquisite house-made patisseries. Reserve a table on one of Washington's most popular terraces' or dine inside in a modern, sleek Parisian-style setting. Join us for a drink in the historic Round Robin Bar. Located just off the lobby of The Willard, the Round Robin Bar has been a lively meeting place for Washington's political and social elite since the days of Abraham Lincoln. Long celebrated as one of the best in D.C., this legendary bar was known as the nexus of "Rum Row" and the "E street Corridor" -- plying its trade to luminaries such as Mark Twain and Walt Whitman. Today, this fashionable downtown spot draws a smart, stylish cross section of DC movers and shakers. The Round Robin Bar is open seven days a week, Monday through Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. and Sundays 12:00 p.m. to midnight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc