The Willard is a gorgeous hotel, with top-notch decor and an awesome location (right next to the White House!). But, what really made our stay was the wonderful staff. From check-in, until our departure, everyone at the hotel went out of their way to make our stay special.
We went to the Willard for my husband's 30th birthday. I wanted the weekend to be relaxing and stress free. The hotel (especially Karan Patney!) went above and beyond to make that happen. They set up a beautiful five course custom (vegan) meal at the Cafe du Parc, with printed menus with our names on them and some of the best dishes we have ever had. And, at the end of the meal, the waiter brought out champagne and a birthday card signed by the kitchen staff. It was very sweet and more than I could have hoped for. It has been a few weeks and I am still thinking about the meal we had there.
I found the Willard to be a great place to recharge. Our room was beautiful, clean, comfortable, and quiet. But, I think what makes the Willard such a special place is how much they care about their customers. The only regret I have is that we couldn't stay longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the nation's capital, two blocks from the White House, The Willard InterContinental Washington, D.C. offers 335 spacious and elegantly appointed guest rooms, 41 of which are suites, that exude a unique blend of contemporary luxury and historic charm. Many of The Willard's guest rooms feature views of Pennsylvania Avenue and historic landmarks like the Washington Monument as well as downtown Washington, D.C. The Willard has been the site of many prestigious meetings, conferences and social events for nearly 200 years. With 19 meeting rooms and over 22,000 sq. ft. of event space, The Willard features unique and elegant function rooms including several ballrooms from which to choose. Discover a relaxing counterpoint to the busy pace of Washington, D.C. as you savor the fare at Cafe du Parc, featuring delicious French bistro cuisine and exquisite house-made patisseries. Reserve a table on one of Washington's most popular terraces' or dine inside in a modern, sleek Parisian-style setting. Join us for a drink in the historic Round Robin Bar. Located just off the lobby of The Willard, the Round Robin Bar has been a lively meeting place for Washington's political and social elite since the days of Abraham Lincoln. Long celebrated as one of the best in D.C., this legendary bar was known as the nexus of "Rum Row" and the "E street Corridor" -- plying its trade to luminaries such as Mark Twain and Walt Whitman. Today, this fashionable downtown spot draws a smart, stylish cross section of DC movers and shakers. The Round Robin Bar is open seven days a week, Monday through Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. and Sundays 12:00 p.m. to midnight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, IHG, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc