We picked this hotel after much review on trip advisor and other sites. Our White House Tour was the first one of the day and we wanted to be close by so we had no worries about making our designated timeframe. You cannot go wrong by choosing this hotel. It is close to everything you need and is right next door to the White House. If you are looking for a very clean, comfortable and centrally located place to stay this is an excellent choice. This was our first site seeing trip to D.C. So it was important to us to do it right the first time. Yes, it is a little pricy but the true measure for us was would we return and did we feel that this was a good value overall. Yes to both. The room was nice and clean and everyone was very accommodating. A safe bet for those first time visitors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the nation's capital, two blocks from the White House, The Willard InterContinental Washington, D.C. offers 335 spacious and elegantly appointed guest rooms, 41 of which are suites, that exude a unique blend of contemporary luxury and historic charm. Many of The Willard's guest rooms feature views of Pennsylvania Avenue and historic landmarks like the Washington Monument as well as downtown Washington, D.C. The Willard has been the site of many prestigious meetings, conferences and social events for nearly 200 years. With 19 meeting rooms and over 22,000 sq. ft. of event space, The Willard features unique and elegant function rooms including several ballrooms from which to choose. Discover a relaxing counterpoint to the busy pace of Washington, D.C. as you savor the fare at Cafe du Parc, featuring delicious French bistro cuisine and exquisite house-made patisseries. Reserve a table on one of Washington's most popular terraces' or dine inside in a modern, sleek Parisian-style setting. Join us for a drink in the historic Round Robin Bar. Located just off the lobby of The Willard, the Round Robin Bar has been a lively meeting place for Washington's political and social elite since the days of Abraham Lincoln. Long celebrated as one of the best in D.C., this legendary bar was known as the nexus of "Rum Row" and the "E street Corridor" -- plying its trade to luminaries such as Mark Twain and Walt Whitman. Today, this fashionable downtown spot draws a smart, stylish cross section of DC movers and shakers. The Round Robin Bar is open seven days a week, Monday through Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. and Sundays 12:00 p.m. to midnight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc