Loved it Loved it!! We had just left a timeshare with the grandchildren and we (the grandparents) stayed in the Williard, while the kids stayed elsewhere and we met daily. First of all, the lobby is breathe taking, our room was super and perfect size (king bed) and staff was terrific.
It was very clean. We purchased it with the breakfast package which was well worth it. Your choice of buffet or off the menu. The hotel is alongside the treasury building, you can walk 1/2 block and be in front of the White House, across the street from the Mall, and a little bit of a further walk to the museums. It was perfect !
If I had to think of a negative it would be that in the bathroom there was no place to hang a toiletry bag other than the hook behind the door which was for your towel. The sink top was also a bit small with tow of us and toiletries. But I could live with that! If we go back to DC will stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the nation's capital, two blocks from the White House, The Willard InterContinental Washington, D.C. offers 335 spacious and elegantly appointed guest rooms, 41 of which are suites, that exude a unique blend of contemporary luxury and historic charm. Many of The Willard's guest rooms feature views of Pennsylvania Avenue and historic landmarks like the Washington Monument as well as downtown Washington, D.C. The Willard has been the site of many prestigious meetings, conferences and social events for nearly 200 years. With 19 meeting rooms and over 22,000 sq. ft. of event space, The Willard features unique and elegant function rooms including several ballrooms from which to choose. Discover a relaxing counterpoint to the busy pace of Washington, D.C. as you savor the fare at Cafe du Parc, featuring delicious French bistro cuisine and exquisite house-made patisseries. Reserve a table on one of Washington's most popular terraces' or dine inside in a modern, sleek Parisian-style setting. Join us for a drink in the historic Round Robin Bar. Located just off the lobby of The Willard, the Round Robin Bar has been a lively meeting place for Washington's political and social elite since the days of Abraham Lincoln. Long celebrated as one of the best in D.C., this legendary bar was known as the nexus of "Rum Row" and the "E street Corridor" -- plying its trade to luminaries such as Mark Twain and Walt Whitman. Today, this fashionable downtown spot draws a smart, stylish cross section of DC movers and shakers. The Round Robin Bar is open seven days a week, Monday through Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. and Sundays 12:00 p.m. to midnight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc