Willard InterContinental Washington
$97
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$184
$149
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

$129
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$145
$134
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$144
$125
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

$214
$159
  • Room Service
$156
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

$154
$119
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$260
$132
Fairmont.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

3,466 results
All reviewscafe du parcthe round robin barwhite housepeacock alleybeautiful hotelwashington monumentclassic hotelroom servicebeautiful lobbyperfect locationnational mallan upgrademini barroom was largeturn down servicetwo blockssmithsonian museums
Reviewed October 12, 2007

We have lived in the Washington DC area all of our lives and have always wanted to stay at the world renowned Williard hotel. The location on Pennsylvania Avenue and views of the Washington Monument were what drew us to this historical hotel.

The valet staff are right there ready and waiting to greet you like you are an old friend or frequent customer. Once you walk into the modest lobby you feel like you have been transported back in time to the days of the first Presidents. Marble is everywhere but done in a tasteful manner.

Checkout went very smoothly however we had to wait for the Bellman to bring our luggage since our lock was malfunctioning a bit and we could not open the door.

When we walked in the room I thought it was elegant but definitely needed updating. We paid extra for the view of the Monument but sacrificed the size of the room for the view. Tad on the small size, to the point of we had to squeeze around the in room dining table for dinner and breakfast.

Ahh in room dining...they greet you by name like all higher end hotels should, however they fall flat on the food. We had light sandwiches and salads for a late night snack and both were not memorable in the least. As for breakfast the Filet Mingon (steak & eggs) was dreadful, althought it was tender it was also cold.

One more thing, although done in marble the bathroom is older and not impressive. The tub had a hard time draining and the fan as incredibly loud.

Would we stay here again? I think so, but only if we got a better deal than $450 a night.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tlaquay
Reviewed October 7, 2007

The Willard combines incredible history, the best location for seeing the sights and doing business on the hill, phenomenal service and nice, spacious, comfortable rooms. The rooms are different, by category and from the Pennsylvania Avenue side or the back of the hotel - but they will explain each of the different rooms to you. The Executive Suite on the Penn Ave side has two seperate rooms, 2 bathrooms, and a great view. Room service was awesome, as was service in general.

• Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank JohnsonProf
Reviewed September 17, 2007

I had the opportunity to stay here on business, and the room was paid for by a company. The room price was supposedly $700/night, but the corporate rate was $195. At that price, it is definitely worth the stay.

The hotel is beautiful and in a fantastic location. I have visited DC many times in the past, and have always seen the characteristic architecture of this hotel. I always wanted to stay here! The hotel is walking distance to all of the attractions in DC, many metro stops, and great shopping. A Borders and Corner Bakery are across the street and the White House is next door. I got my hair done at the salon around the corner-- Allous, which I highly recommend. The proprietor is very professional.

On the weekends, the locals have afternoon tea in the hotel's Peacock Alley. The lobby is a great place to have a (expensive, but good) cocktail and people watch. The word “lobbyist” comes from the lobby of this hotel. I had the Intercontinental cocktail, which was very nice. FYI-- I had cellphone service in this hotel with no problems (my carrier is Sprint). Internet service was a bit expensive.

The room was large, with lots of windows. The décor was old world comfort meets modern day amenities. The bathroom was very big, with great lighting, a makeup mirror, great soap, shampoo, body lotion, mouthwash, Q-tips, cottonballs, bathrobe, slippers, etc. The bathroom was very clean. The toilet was so quiet, I didn't realize it flushed. I had a room on the 10th floor, and had a great view of the city. The room had a large TV, but the minibar can be expensive. I had ample closet space, lots of magazines to choose from, and even a dock for my ipod. The maid cleaned my room, and I returned to hear classical music from the radio. It was very relaxing.

I ordered room service. The service was quick and very professional. I really enjoyed the salmon.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in DC. If I could, I would stay here often and every time I visited the city. I had bad back and leg pain as I was traveling, but within two hours of being in the room, I had relaxed so much, I was not in pain. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank lizicat
Reviewed August 26, 2007

We were looking for a weekend getaway to see some sites and have some good eats. My husband and I chose the Willard because we've heard so many good things about it and we both work in hotels so the fancier the better. The service was exceptional from start to finish. Our bags were taken out of the car and up to our rooms where we got a mini tour of all the amenities. Check in was a breeze but I shouldv'e asked for a room with a view as ours faced a building. The bed was the gushiest thing I've ever slept on and the amenities were fabulous! They have those high tech fridges were as soon as you remove one of the extremely overpriced snacks or drinks, you get charged. If you want to use the fridge for your own stuff they charge you to remove all of their items. I thought that was a bit nickle and diming you! Huge bathroom with robes and slippers and a flat screen TV!
At check in they made sure to mention their casual restaurant Cafe du Parc since the Willard Room was closed. We decided to check it out for dinner and we were so glad we did. Hands down, the best mussels I've ever had!! The broth was soo good for bread dipping!! We shared a HUGE ribeye steak and a strawberry pastry for dessert. We were expecting sub par cafe food but instead got a 4 star dining experience!! What a great surprise!
The next day was spent walking around the Mall checking out the touristy sites. We decided on visiting the Halocaust Museum and were very moved by all of the exhibits. It was very emotional but something that every human being should experience.
That night we went to Butterfield 9 for dinner as it's a 4 Star restaurant. The Carmelized Plum and Bibb Lettuce salad is an absolute MUST!! The atmosphere and service was definitely high class but Cafe du Parc food left a better impression.
I would have liked to use the Spa but it too was closed. Maybe next time!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pouddaskin
Reviewed August 21, 2007

If you're considering this hotel for a business stay you may want to reconsider. As the cell phones did not work in the hotel, I called the hotel directly to be put through and they were extremely rude. The attitude of an untrained staff reflects a poorly run hotel. I could not get connected to the guest room and hotel operators were unprofessional and incompetent.

If business calls and professionalism are important, to you go elsewhere. Poorly run!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business