“Nice place to stay.”

Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill
Ranked #94 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Overall the place was nice. The lobby was clean, our room clean and spacious. The staff was friendly and helpful. The night front desk person needs to become more familiar with the area and ready with information. Sometimes it felt like he didn't know DC very well. Our room was well kept except for the last two days, maybe a change in housekeeping staff. The breakfast was great and the staff friendly and ready to serve. The bellman were also friendly and ready to serve. Everyone always had a smiling face. If you have business on Capitol Hill, this is an ideal hotel. It is only a few blocks away.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank EagleM
There are newer reviews for Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill

Reviewed June 21, 2009

where do i begin? The women at the front desk named DELMY is the most unprofessional, rude person that i have ever come in contact with. I travel every week for work and have stayed over 200 hotels in a year for business. I must say this was the worst hotel ever because of thier service. I have to say theat Bellmen were excellent specially TYRONE and most of the front desk were polite except DELMY who went out of her way to give me HELL. I asked to chenge my room due to a terrible smell and she simply refused to do that and never appologized instead said that i have to pay more to move. i mean is it my fault that the room smelled horrible. WHere is the customer service and not to mention i found out that she's a manager at the front desk. WOW A MANAGER who made her a manager Trust me with a service like that and people like her no one is going to come to your hotel. She is mean, rude, and unprofessional. A few months before i came and there was a another manager at the front desk who was a total opposite of her named ATTIF he was very polite and kind and went out of his way to take care of me and when i asked for him the front desk told me he no longer works there. By the way thats the kind of people you need who are always willing to help. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone well unless you want to throw your money away then go ahead and stay at the washington court hotel. VERY DISAPOINTED!! ALLEN AT the front desk and tony at the bar was very nice. YOU GUYS NEED HELP AND ONLY GOD CAN HELP YOU!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank JJKRO
Reviewed June 17, 2009

My family stayed at the Washington Court Hotel June 10-16. When I first went to check in the first lady that I talked to was not very friendly and was rather rude. We were early and had to wait until 4:00 to check in. The next lady I talked to was great! Very friendly and helpful. The door men were always nice and courteous. The hotel is quite nice and adequate, especially for its location. I got a good rate I felt for this hotel compared to others. I paid $161.00 per night including taxes. 14.5%. I would have been satisfied with anything under $200. The 4 stars on a four star rating is high. I would give it a solid 3 stars. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. (Full not queens) Nice TV's. Service was ok. They forgot to clean my room one night. The next day they did clean it, but left their disinfectant bottle in the bathroom. Oh well at least their using disinfectant. They never left enough towells but the Staff was always prompt with clean towells when we called. Lobby was clean, comfortable and nice. Enjoyed my coffee and newspaper in the lobby every morning. Nice TVs there also. By the bar. Coffee $2.00 at the cafe. The lady there was nice and gave me free refills. We didn't eat in the restaurant but it did look good. Breakfast Buffet was $16.95. A little steep for a family. Across the street at the Billy Goat Grill, full breakfast was $4.25, and pretty good too... Pretty good burgers for less than $3.00. Nice to take too your room at night after a long day. They stay open late. Union station is three easy blocks away with tons of food options. Dubliner is fun and around the corner and Capital Brewery is by Union Station, also ate lunch at the Senate Cafeteria one day which was good too. So lots of food options around.
We also took a laptop but didn't use it because they charge for internet connection. Starbucks accross the street.
Now the best part. Location, Location, Location. 3 easy blocks to Union Station (Metro Red Line and the DC Circulator) and 3 blocks to the Capital and the National Mall. I would definitely stay there again if the price is right!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank coachdink
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We stayed 4 nights in the hotel in mid-May 2009 and were dispointed with the hotel. The room was so small we could hardly open the 2 cases we had at the same time. In addition we could hear every word from the people in the next room especially when they were continuing their party after 1:30am!!!

The hotel policy was to change bedding after the 3rd night - this did not happen and in addition our towels ect were removed on the 3rd day but not replaced - we had to complain to the front desk. One othe problem was the hotel debited our credit card after we had checked out for over $800us. We only noticed this some days later and when we e-mailed a query were told sorry made a mistake!! The debit was reversed.

The hotel is however very well placed - close to Union Station and all the sights on the Mall.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Very nice hotel on walking distance of Capitol Hill and Union Station. As my wife needs a wheelchair, even then it is still a 10 minute walk to them! Also we very much appreciated the Star Bucks directly against the hotel as we love Star Bucks Coffee. Many possibilities for eating and drinking in the direct area. You don't need to eat in the hotel if you don't want too (costs). We ate in the food court at Union Station for example, as well as somewhere else in DC.

Very friendly and helpfull staff, which is highly appreciated by us. Parking overnight is $34. Luckely we didn't need a car in DC (who does? use the metro!).

Should we decide to visit DC again, this hotel will be our choice once again for sure!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EvertK
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Very nice hotel, very comfortable, 37 inch flat lcd tv's in rooms. Helpful staff. Not their fault sirens blare all night from neighboring police and fire stations, but kind of annoying.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank tlc141
Reviewed May 16, 2009

When we got out of our car, we were greeted with such a friendly greeting and welcome that we felt at home immediately. We continued to feel this way throughout our extended weekend. Our rooms were modern and comfortable, the bar and restaurant offered fine service and food, and all the personnel seemed to be committed to making us feel like we were old friends. Make sure you ask for a room with a view of the capital, and don't skip breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family