“Very nice hotel !!!!!”

Ranked #91 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Putnam, Connecticut, United States
“Very nice hotel !!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

The hotel has undergone some renovations and is absolutely beautiful. The rooms are very spacious and the beds are very comfortable. Something I enjoy and you do not always see are such enormous bathtubs , you can actually lie down in them. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.The Atrium is a great place to sit, kick-back and have a cocktail. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a southern exposure will give you a view of the Capitol.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was simply beautiful from the moment my wife and I walked in. I found this hotel on hotels.com as we were looking for a weekend getaway in our own backyard. The hotel was a short walk from union station. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was very clean. The door to our room had a very freshly stained cheery wood finish. We could see the capital building from our room! All in all we had a wonderful time. I certainly would recommend this hotel!

Stayed August 2014
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

The staff was very friendly. Decent drinks and late night food at the bar in the lobby (we got the flatbread pizza). The rooms themselves are very spacious and clean. The bathrooms especially are large, clean, and nice (all marble floors, etc). My only complaint is that the shower didn't stay as hot as I would have liked, and I wasn't even in there for very long. Other than that, it is a decent hotel, especially for the price.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Location: I would like to begin and say I was excited about this hotel because of the awesome location. It was close to the Union Station, about a five minute walk. The distance with walking towards the Mall of museums weren't bad. It was a nice spot.

Service: So, my friends and I wanted to do a Girls Weekend in D.C. we researched and found the Washington Court and thought the price was decent for the three nights stay we had. We booked this between February and April...for the end of July early August. We asked for adjoining rooms or rooms that was next door or across the hall... you would think with booking this in advanced and asking for basic accommodation like this would give the hotel a heads up and prepare this for us, but nope. Unfortunately, the hotel did not fulfill our request. There's NO point in asking if we want specific things if there's no way of providing it. The credibility goes south.
-The Housekeeper kept the rooms clean.
-The doormen were extremely nice.
-The registration people were nice and helpful.
-Also, once we received our bill during check out, it was cheaper than what we originally paid to book it. We did it through Expedia and we asked the registration table about it...but they said that's how the second party makes their commission, but from my experience booking with another party to a hotel, it's less expensive than the hotel's price or it matched... it didn't make sense. We didn't out up a fight with them.

Décor: The hotel was spacious. It just felt so outdated with the furniture, the style, no refrigerator in the rooms. The toilet were extremely slow. The pressure sucked. We thought we broke it a few times. The beds were okay.

Overall, my friends and I agreed to give the hotel a 2.5 rating out of five. It was a good location but lacked a lot of little details. If you're planning on leaving the hotel all day this isn't a bad hotel... but if you're trying to lounge around... choose another one.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank J_Chan_89
Mequon, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stayed at this hotel July 20-24, 2014. The bellmen were very friendly and nice but that ended there. The front staff was horrible. Very rude and unfriendly. They acted like you were bothering them. The room itself was absolutely filthy. The bedspread had a big stain on it, the bathroom had mold all along the bathtub. The coffee pot didn't work. I had to repeatedly ask for clean towels and toilet paper. Will never recommend this hotel or stay there again! Horrible experience. Management just does not care!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Linda D
Wilson, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I spent my fifth wedding anniversary at this hotel with my wife. Initially selected because of its proximity to Union Station and price (I compulsively shop on Groupon), I did not expect much after reading some of the other reviews. HOWEVER as the title indicates, the customer service was amazing. Prior to arrival, I contacted the hotel to see what options were available to make our anniversary special. Since I paid a reduced rate for the room, I had little problem paying extra to make our stay more memorable. I had been in contact via email with the Front Desk Manager Mr. Leak prior to our arrival who told me that I had the ability to have packages sent (ordered candies from Chocolate Chocolate in DC), or could add the romance package. After further discussion, Mr. Leak told me that he would send champagne and flowers compliments of the staff. Upon arrival Justin welcomed us and held the door. When we walked in, Veronica welcomed us, congratulated us, and wished us a Happy Anniversary. I then found out that our room had been upgraded to one with a spectacular view of the United States Capitol.

The lobby of the hotel is stunning. The room was clean and bathroom was spacious. I will recommend this hotel to my friends coming to the area, as well as, strangers on the internet. The view, of course, was wonderful. But as the title indicates, what made this trip for us was the customer service. Thank you all.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rhyan B
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

There is really nothing distinctive about this hotel. It's fine. The room was clean. They charge for Wifi. But, I put dishes from room service in the hall and they sat there for 24 hours. I also heard a lot of noise from the street even on the 9th floor.

If your're traveling on business there are probably better choices in this price range or less.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business