Washington Court Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kimpton George Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Pool
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
Pod DC Hotel(Washington DC)
Oakwood Lexington(Washington DC)
1,510 results
All reviewsunion stationcapitol hillgreat view of the capitolcapital buildingfire stationwithin walking distancenational mallfront desk staffvery nice hotelfew blocksper daylobby areabed was very comfortablebusiness centerhotel restaurantconvenient locationsmithsonian museums
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were flying from the UK to meet friends from Arkansas in DC - they booked nearly a year ago and we booked just 8 weeks before we were scheduled to meet and am I glad I waited it out. If we had booked in 2013 there is no way we could have afforded such a fabulous hotel - our friends went for a run of the mill "one of these in every city" hotel - you know where to find the bar etc, they all look the same. We got the Washington Court - a one off in one of the best locations. We got allocated a room on the 15th floor - if I had of been offer something lower than floor 10 I would have requested a change (it's a devil to get the lift to stop and have room on those lower floors plus it's peaceful even in a city). Imagine our surprise when we get out of the lift (glass - always impressive) and go to our room when we see a beautiful view of the Capital - the builders knew a thing or two when they put a window in the corridor at that spot. Our friends in the "you know the name" hotel had a view of a VERY close office block even though they had been under the impression that they would be able to see The White House (I don't think any hotel has that view?). Our room, 1504, was large airy and beautifully decorated - the bathroom was big enough to have friends round! The bed and linen was top notch - somewhat strange idea of using a sheet as a duvet (comforter) cover but the bed was made everyday and I didn't have to worry about how they managed it. We ate in the hotel just once in 7 nights (sorry we were busy each day and ate on the hoof many times) - it was fine, somewhat strange from the US, felt it could have been France not DC, I always assume meals in the US come with fries and to get a steak served with brussel sprouts was somewhat weird. It was a tad on the expensive side but not too bad - the wine was advertised as a US wine (we try to drink local when away) but was actually from Argentina or Chile but bottled in the US - don't think that counts - they bottle wine from Australia in Norwich but that doesn't make it
Norfolk wine. Overall a wonderful hotel which we will return to. By the way watch Philomena once you have booked this hotel - I will say no more.

Room Tip: Go high - it will be quieter - mind you there is little noise in this area anyway.
1  Thank LindsD53
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

My family just stayed at the Washington Court Hotel and we could not have been more pleased! We loved it's location, so easy to walk to the National Mall and other popular sites in town. The rooms were lovely. They were clean, quiet and comfortable. Everything I like in a hotel room. The restaurant in the lobby was convenient and pretty good as well.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank tulane95
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Never having been to D.C. we were a little apprehensive in choosing a hotel, but this turned out just as we had hoped! Tired from flying across the country, we walked into the lobby and were immediately impressed and it thankfully continued from there. We could see the capitol from our 10th floor room from large nicely draped windows. The bed was King-size and comfortable! And after touring each day, we were happy to come back in the evening and relax in the two nicely upholstered chairs and elevate our feet on the oversize ottoman in front of the large flat screen TV! Super location. We walked to Union Station to catch the trolley tours (only 5 minutes or less) and also a huge food court there (very busy place) and a very historic building! We walked to the capitol and the tours there. So much to see!! All the Smithsonian museums are free. I especially enjoyed the history of the post office (be sure to go downstairs as well). My husbands favorite was the Air and Space Museum.

2  Thank Barbara d
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I visited DC for Cherry Blossom Festival and this hotel was first choice for first night. We got here around 11pm and checked out before 11am next morning. So I haven't experienced a lot in this hotel but it was descent and comfortable hotel with great location. You have to pay for parking fee around $25~$30 per night. It was indeed 4 stars hotel no doubt.

2  Thank Chris J
Reviewed April 24, 2014

When I chose this hotel I did so for the view of the Capitol, which was gorgeous from my floor. The location of this hotel is good for the attractions but not the closest to the metro (It's at least a five minute walk while pulling heavy luggage). The room was very clean. I had an issue with my tv but the front desk sent someone over right away to fix it. The service at the front desk exceeded my expectations. They found me a book store in the area and even called the store to find their hours. The room serve was fast but be aware there is a $20.00 fee (includes taxes) for having the food from the restaurant delivered to your room. The bell hops were great and found me a cab in record time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business