“Great location”

Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill
Ranked #95 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel has a great location. Walking distance from the train station and to the Capital and mall, Ford's Theatre, and more. Staff was friendly and helpful, especially the doormen. They can really help you out with directions or any other questions you may have. The only drawback is that they don't have a pool. That would have been great after a long day of walking to see the sites. Overall, you can't beat the location for the price. Perfect for a family trip to DC.

Room Tip: Personally I don't see the added value of getting a room with a view of the Capital. Step out th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank theRiddick
Write a ReviewReviews (1,473)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My son and I were in DC in January for four nights. Our trip's big event was near Capitol Hill and headquartered out of the Capitol Hyatt a half block down. Having stayed at the Hyatt for this same event a few years back, I thought we'd try a smaller hotel in same convenient area (walking distance to Union Station, Capitol Hill). I am soooooo happy we ended up at Washington Court! While the Hyatt had been 'okay', the Washington Court put it to shame. Our room was clean, modern, quiet, and the top floor we stayed on had a great view of the Capitol Building in the picture window a the end of the hall. But what really set this place apart was the staff and the comfortable feeling you had walking through its doors. This is a boutique hotel and priced well under what it's worth. And if you love a good breakfast as much as we do, please don't miss the breakfast offered at their restaurant. The blueberry pancakes were the best I've ever had and the service was impeccable. I wish we would have eaten a dinner meal there.....ahhh, next time for sure!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank MoranTravels
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Washington Court Hotel on three different weekends and find it an excellent location + very nice hotel. It is very close to all Capitol Hill tourist sites like the Capitol Bldg, Senate, House, Supreme Court, etc--, VERY close (1 block) to Union Station for anyone taking the train to DC, and one block to the DC Metro plus lots of buses at Union Station as well. Rooms are very nice, clean, with big bathrooms. The hotel has a wonderful super high ceiling lobby that is airy and bright and excellent for sitting/meeting/having a drink/etc. Weekend prices are very reasonable. We have only stayed here on weekends so cannot comment on pricing during the week which would be a busier time at the hotel, and I assume higher priced. Overall, we liked the hotel very much and will stay here again. .....PS - there is a Starbucks right across the street from the hotel, and very good food court and restaurants in Union Station (1 block away).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank NewYorkCity13
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Just spent 6 nights at the Washington Court Hotel for a national conference. Before the snowstorm hit DC, I was impressed with the service from the hotel staff and the comfortable rooms.
After the snow storm hit I was deeply impressed with the care and dedication of the staff to help me after I was delayed from leaving DC for two days. The night of the storm, Staff spent the night at the hotel and worked double shifts the next morning to make sure everything was covered. Being the only restaurant open in a couple block radius, the restaurant staff was slammed for hours, yet still took the time to ask about my canceled trip and if I needed anything.
The front desk was helpful and kept positive, even though they were being a bit harassed by disgruntled guests.
The location, service and comfort of this hotel will keep me coming back, but I will always be grateful for their staff for taking care of me while I was traveling solo and snowed in, in a big unknown city.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank B_Alaska
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times totaling 12 nights and have loved it each time. Here's a hint (am I allowed to do this?): on a certain website that rhymes with hookit, you can get this hotel for about $85/night, making it an incredible value. It's just a couple blocks from Union Station (easily walkable with rolling luggage), the Capitol (clearly visible from upper floor rooms), Chinatown (6 blocks). This hotel's central location makes it perfect for business or pleasure travelers.

Rooms: beautifully decorated, wonderfully comfortable beds and pillows

Bathrooms: luxury that's a smidge past its prime, but still luxury, and clean

Room service: divine burgers, and the blondie for dessert is out of this world

Breakfast buffet: a little pricy, and you can find cheaper options out in the city, but for convenience's sake, it's a winner

Bar: friendly bartenders will happily let you sit and watch football all afternoon while refilling your drinks

Staff: polite and friendly every time. The doormen, breakfast waitstaff, and bartenders know me now and say hello.

Out of 12 nights in this hotel, the only time I've ever heard neighbors was when a family with rambunctious, squealing children was staying in the room next to me. Hey, <shrug>, in what hotel wouldn't you hear squealing children in the next room?

If you want to get out of the hotel but don't want to venture too far, check out the Dubliner Irish pub around the corner up toward Union Station. Live Irish music many nights, friendly waitstaff, and good classic food (baked chicken, pot pies, hamburgers, etc).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Anonymous980
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Our welcome was immediate!
Anthony Garrido made our check-in effortless! We needed a room by the elevator and imagine our surprise when we opened our door and saw the beautiful Capitol Building smack in the middle if our window! The sunrise was spectacular!

Anthony was patient and kind in in reserving the Big Bus for a 2hr tour of the great monuments!

He also printed out few restaurant favorites, made dinner reservations for us, and we enjoyed a great dinner at Marrakesh Restaurant... Our first ever Morrocan meal!

Everyone was pleasant and accommodating, but he went the extra mile for us! Always with a gentle and quiet smile!

Tony the bartender was equally friendly and his ability to remember our names was amazing!

The dining room staff and meals were excellent!
We absolutely enjoyed every moment of our stay and only regret is that there is never enough time to see it all... So we will be back!

Best regards,
Angela & James DiCicco

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Crowns2b
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Arrived and tried to check in. Rude, internship-age clerk claimed I did not have a reservation and refused to take my reservation confirmation number despite THREE offers. No manager on duty (or so they claimed). Went to another hotel. Spoke to GM's assistant the next day (GM too important to ever return call) who claimed my version of event was inaccurate. Amateur hour.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business